stalling the LAN admin?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

OzoneB
level1
level1

Postby OzoneB » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:07 pm

I've seen this occur on a couple LAN missions. You are supposed to copy some 100GQ of data from the server. OK goto the LAN and poke around and trip the locks and stuff, but the Main System you are supposed to access is like right next to the 1st hub, so the system admin is only 2 nodes behind you.

These missions have been very frustrating because once you access the system, you have 30 seconds or so to try to copy the files before the admin kicks me off. Then I have to login like 10 times and try getting the files.

Is there a way to throw him off or make him slow down or something to give me more time? I even tried putting the admin in jail, but evidently he could still admin the systems from jail!

Oz'
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:28 pm

I've only been able to do it that way, by logging in 5 or so times, copying 2 files each time.

What is really frustrating is that ARC mission where you have to destroy the Arunmor LAN system. I didn't have Revelation so I was forced to give up becuase I didn't have enough time to finish the command (cd sys delete)
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.

Return to “Hints and Tips”