ARC LAN Troubles

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Pi Slicer
level0

Postby Pi Slicer » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:44 am

First post here. Loving Uplink so far. A little buggy, but damn fun nonetheless.

Anyways, I've mastered just about very type of mission in the game, but I'm having trouble with certain LAN's, in this case ARC's from Arunmor mission 2.

Note the image below. I can access everything in the top section of the LAN. The two terminals seem useless, as you can log in but there just basic info inside. The authentication server only seems to control the single lock on the left. And the subnet terminal doesn't seem to have any use, as again I log in and there's only basic info. So basically I'm stuck, I don't know where to go to access the lower section of the LAN. I've spoofed and probed and scanned just about everything, but I can't seem to get past this point.

Any help from the knowledgeable crew here?!?

"I often wonder what would be a better form of suicide - a revolver between the eyes, or marriage and a 40-hour week."
Raistlin
level2
level2

Postby Raistlin » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:56 am

Quote: from Pi Slicer on 12:44 pm on Mar. 13, 2004[br]The two terminals seem useless, as you can log in but there just basic info inside.
Did you try the 3rd one? It should have a phone number
- Raistlin (a.k.a. Cheshire Cat ^..^)
OzoneB
level1
level1

Postby OzoneB » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:50 pm

Once you open a lock, re-probe it. It can show additional paths that didnt originally show up when it is locked.

Also the lock on the right side is an Isolation Bridge. If you didnt switch it, you should as it might open another route.

There is a nice LAN guide at ModLink.

http://guide.modlink.net/

Oz'

Return to “Hints and Tips”