Some Tips...

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

NVShacker
level2
level2

Postby NVShacker » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:03 pm

Aliright, I've been playing a little while and I've got some tips that I haven't seen thrown around but I have found quite useful.

1) If you ever want to write something down, you COULD always just send an email to a fake address so that you get the email returned (I am yet to figure out my own email)

2) When hacking banks by writing down all accounts (See #1 for quicker way) even if no account has a good sum of money, your rating will still go up if you transfer them, AND if you take a look at your statements, one is bound to have transfered some cash (900,000 or so) to another account. Just take that account if you need cash.

3) This is probably a very important tip, after you start the proxy\firewall\monitor bypasser you can move them by clicking the center. (If your wacking your head, so was I)

4) Some other guy posted this before me, but I'll keep it here because it is a discreet one. The distance between your bounce points does not matter.

5) If you remove a point that you used in your saved bounce route from the wrld map, and then load the root, the text on the map goes crazy until you either unload or re-add the points.

Well, thats it for stuff you wouldn't have known tip-wise for now, I'll edit when something new happens.

--Edit, added 4 and 5 (6-6-03)

(Edited by NVShacker at 11:34 am on June 16, 2003)
If you laughed even once at this post without giving money to me, then your a thief.--NVShacker    Oooh. You didn't laugh?
Laugh at my profile then. I DARE you.
http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com/profile.php?NVShacker
RandyTtob
level2
level2

Postby RandyTtob » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:37 pm

thems some useful tips there i do belive this will remain a bumpable topic long as u update
< Rednex-Cotten Eyed Joe >
microHack
level1
level1

Postby microHack » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:19 pm

1) I do believe paper works as well.

2) Or you could just accept the money transfer tracking jobs. Much easier.

3)... Yeah, that's kinda how they work.
"... And that's why we need to find a shop that sells grenade launchers.
Give me a hand with this phone book."
NVShacker
level2
level2

Postby NVShacker » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:03 pm

Well, I was just giving tips. I certainly found them useful. And I'll try to update as often as possible (Those were just the main things that most wouldn't have known otherwise)
If you laughed even once at this post without giving money to me, then your a thief.--NVShacker    Oooh. You didn't laugh?
Laugh at my profile then. I DARE you.
http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com/profile.php?NVShacker
indycar
level2
level2

Postby indycar » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:43 am

read the diary of a hacker by the cousinart blade

Return to “Hints and Tips”