These banks are going to drive me crazy

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

NLZX
level0

Postby NLZX » Thu May 22, 2003 8:59 am

Anytime I do a transaction of any type in the bank I get busted.  My first bounce is the test machine and I delete the logs after I crack the password of the bank user.  I think I'm doing everything correctly, I go pretty fast..  Do I need to use the monitor bypass v5?  Any assistance anyone could give me on why I'm constantly busted would be appreciated..  Fell free to IM me on aim at NLZX.
Thanks
Captain Chickenpants
level1
level1

Postby Captain Chickenpants » Thu May 22, 2003 9:13 am

Are you deleting all the logs?
There are more than just bounce logs involved in this one.
I tend to go for the highest monitor bypass as it saves money in the long run, so I am not sure what level you need.
You also don't need to rush it, crack the password and then just log out and clean up your bounce logs. Once you have cracked the password you should be able to log in later and transfer the money, cleaning up your logs as you go.

CC
Make something idiot proof, and someone will invent a better idiot.
------------------------------------------------------
http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com/profile.php?Captain%20Chickenpants
NLZX
level0

Postby NLZX » Thu May 22, 2003 10:13 am

When I crack the password initially I need to go in and clean up in the bank right then?  The only log other than the two bank logs I need to delete are the logs at interNIC correct?
Regards,
Captain Chickenpants
level1
level1

Postby Captain Chickenpants » Thu May 22, 2003 10:18 am

I do the following.

Crack the password at the bank then log out (don't do any transfers). Clean up your internic log.

Go back to the bank and you can now simply log into it,
do the transfer and then delete the transfer log from the account.
Log out and clear internic log again (just in case),
Log into the bank you have transferred money to and clear the log there as well.

CC
Make something idiot proof, and someone will invent a better idiot.
------------------------------------------------------
http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com/profile.php?Captain%20Chickenpants
biotech
level1
level1

Postby biotech » Thu May 22, 2003 12:00 pm

I intend to use a level 5 monitor I do the decyper and then I usually do the password writ down the numbers and then I go to internic delete the logs and thts it  usually then i go login in to the accounts do a transacton and log out delete my tracks again and my transaction in the bacnk and voila
chris97b
level1
level1

Postby chris97b » Thu May 22, 2003 8:26 pm

1. You do not need to login as an admin at the bank if you already have an account # (ie: from a trace a recent balance transfer mission) just type the acct. # into the username, and use the pass breaker on the password field. It will crack the pass for that account.  2. I'm not sure, but it sounds from your post like you are not deleting the logs of the actual transfer. BEFORE you log out of the account you are transferring from, go to view statement, and delete the log that says something like $XXXX trandferred to account#xxxxx at bank xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, then log out and IMMEDIATELY log in to your account at uplink bank, go to view statement and delete the log of the transfer. Then go clean up your connection logs. Hope this helps.
"Had I succeeded, The Germans would claim me a German citizen, and the French would claim me a citizen of the world. Had I failed, the French would claim me a German, and the Germans would claim me a jew." -Albert Einstein
Kendo THM
level2
level2

Postby Kendo THM » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:35 pm

If your going craazy... Don't play Uplink :)

Sorry had to say that. Anyway. Don't stop plpaying Uplink. IT'S GREAT :)
I will now attempt to reuse the "what's a signature" joke.
shaketheearth
level2
level2

Postby shaketheearth » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:39 pm

Quote: from Kendo THM on 7:35 pm on June 5, 2003[br]If your going craazy... Don't play Uplink :)
Sorry had to say that. Anyway. Don't stop plpaying Uplink. IT'S GREAT :)

What's the point to say these shit here? Kendo

(Edited by shaketheearth at 7:39 pm on June 5, 2003)
K4541
level0

Postby K4541 » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:20 pm

Hmmmmm.... I dunno
"It's only once you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything." Quote from numerous people. http://www.playteq.com
Aranor
level0

Postby Aranor » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:18 am

I was going crazy trying to hack the bank. I did it once, then screwed up my save and had to restore from right before I hacked the bank, and I tried like 5 or 6 times after that and kept getting caught. I even wiped admin logs and everything. Then I read one little tidbit, and hacked successfully. That tidbit is, wipe the logs from 2 routing computers, not 1. I don't know if that was the solution, but I certainly hacked the bank. I suggest you route through InterNIC and then the Test Comp, then hack the bank, delete transfer logs (I didn't bother with admin logs), then delete Test Comp logs, then InterNIC logs. Oh, and you should create an account at the bank and transfer the money to that, not to your original bank account. Much faster and easier. Just make sure to remember to select that account in the economics view before doing any big purchases.
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:27 am

NLZX, it is possible that the police gets you for something that you have done before, and not cuz of the bank stuff....

anyways, if any1 needs help with hacking banks, go to my bank hacking thread (you can find a link in my sig)
meow

Return to “Hints and Tips”