Busted for nothing?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Grimm Spector
level1
level1

Postby Grimm Spector » Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:32 pm

I did two bank jobs, exactly the same, transferred the funds, deleted the transaction records, and deleted my internic log, but, somehow the second one, made me get caught by a large corporation, waste of an excellent game I had going. That really pisses me off!!! What could've caused that? I was just about to buy a nice shiny new gateway, and I got screwed out of it by lameness!!
Liberty
level1
level1

Postby Liberty » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:55 pm

Are you sure that the bank is who busted you? If you log in to the busted account it will tell you exactly what system you were pinched for. Perhaps it wasn't the bank hacks at all, but some earlier hack.
I got busted a few times, and was surprised to see that the hack I thought I got caught for was NOT the one the game reported.
Mozzah21
level1
level1

Postby Mozzah21 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:51 am

you will never get caught, ever, if u remember to delete your connection routed to log at internic and the password verification one too. leave the connection from - deleting that arouses suspicion.
When this baby hits 88 mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!
Jackmn
level5
level5

Postby Jackmn » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:34 am

Incorrect moz, for bank hacks you must also erase the transaction logs at both ends of the deal.
Mozzah21
level1
level1

Postby Mozzah21 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:37 am

sorry jackmn....ur right, missed it off. it'd been mentioned before and thought that was obvious. if they can see where the money's gone then ur in trouble now are'nt you.
When this baby hits 88 mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!

Return to “Hints and Tips”