CounterAttack mission MIA?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Chimerat
level0

CounterAttack mission MIA?

Postby Chimerat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:27 am

I've searched the guide, the forums and the internet, so hopefully someone here can supply the answer: How do you get Arunmor's final mission to begin!?

I've restarted the game multiple times now and it's starting to be a bit ridiculous.

I can get ARCInfiltration done as soon as it appears, but when the news states that Revelations is going to be released soon, there's no mission (or email) from Arunmor so that I can begin the counterattack mission.

I've tried just staying on the mission page for the days between ARCInfiltration and when the news reports that the attack has taken place but Faith was able to stop it, and there's nothing.

I have the most recent build from GOG, so I wouldn't expect it to be a bug...

Assistance is appreciated. As I stated above, I've looked everywhere I could and haven't found an answer to this.
SomeHacker
level1
level1

Re: CounterAttack mission MIA?

Postby SomeHacker » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 pm

Where does ARCInfiltration appear? If it appears on the BBS, then you aren't working for Arunmor and so you can't get CounterAttack mission.

To start working for Arunmor, you need to accept the offer from ARC when they first contact you, then wait 2 minutes without completing MaidenFlight, and send Revelation copy to Arunmor instead when their counter offer letter appears.
Chimerat
level0

Postby Chimerat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:11 pm

SomeHacker wrote:[...]then you aren't working for Arunmor[...]

:shock:

Then why the heck are all the Congratulation emails for those first three missions from the Arunmor email address!?
SomeHacker
level1
level1

Postby SomeHacker » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:00 pm

Chimerat wrote: :shock:

Then why the heck are all the Congratulation emails for those first three missions from the Arunmor email address!?

There is actually a mistake in the Tracer congratulation email, saying about the final mission regardless whether you are working for Arunmor.

But for example, you can be working for ARC and at the same time accept those three missions from the BBS.
Chimerat
level0

Postby Chimerat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:09 pm

SomeHacker wrote:
Chimerat wrote: :shock:

There is actually a mistake in the Tracer congratulation email, saying about the final mission regardless whether you are working for Arunmor.

But for example, you can be working for ARC and at the same time accept those three missions from the BBS.

Ah. Okay. Thank you for clearing that up! It was, in fact, that mention in the first email that was making me wonder what I was missing.

So restart yet again and...
1) Accept ARC's offer without intending to work for them; and
2) Send the file to Arunmor when asked.

I'd even tried hacking ARC for the 0.7 version and sending it to Arunmor via the email in the new release to no effect... Game makes this a bit harder than expected, but thank you again for clearing it up.
SomeHacker
level1
level1

Postby SomeHacker » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:25 pm

Chimerat wrote:Ah. Okay. Thank you for clearing that up! It was, in fact, that mention in the first email that was making me wonder what I was missing.

So restart yet again and...
1) Accept ARC's offer without intending to work for them; and
2) Send the file to Arunmor when asked.

I'd even tried hacking ARC for the 0.7 version and sending it to Arunmor via the email in the new release to no effect... Game makes this a bit harder than expected, but thank you again for clearing it up.

ARC should send you Revelation 1.0 once you accept their offer. In the vanilla Uplink if you don't have enough memory when you should receive it, you can't continue with the plot, but iirc it has been fixed in UplinkOS. You should send it to Arunmor and if you do it correctly and in time (if you do it too late once it has been already launched by someone else, but when Arunmor asks for it in the news, you will only get the reward without the award and the final mission) you will receive Backfire special award.

Return to “Hints and Tips”