Make Uplink free software

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

SomeHacker
level1
level1

Make Uplink free software

Postby SomeHacker » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:56 am

Uplink seems to be mostly abandoned since many years ago. There was some macOS patch, but otherwise there are no patches at all, with many bugs found.

Developer CD exists, but the license is too restrictive for anything (it does not allow public code hosting, so developing some kind of community patch is illegal). So Uplink slowly dies because of code rot, just as it happened on macOS.

I have no idea about the copyright, but do that many people still buy licenses for it?

Consider making the game free software, probably? I don't want such a great game to die. :evil:
kabucha
level2
level2

Re: Make Uplink free software

Postby kabucha » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:48 pm

Hello! I recently discovered that my laptop has too little free space, which is why it started to work too slowly. I was able to delete some unnecessary files, but things didn't get any better. Fortunately, I was able to find DissyApp on the Internet with which I was able to free up space on my hard drive without any problems, I advise you to check it
The application really works very well and helps to find even the most difficult to access files. Hope this information helps you!
Benjomin223
level1
level1

Postby Benjomin223 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:05 am

The main thing in this world is not to stand still. Stability is also good, but in most cases it can send you back to the last century. The world of IT is developing by leaps and bounds because we are improving and finding new things. I can advise you one site https://www.light-it.net/blog/software-development-cost-guide/ where you can read a lot of useful and interesting information from the company which occupies for me a leading position in the IT sphere.
Pogaro
level1
level1

Postby Pogaro » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:01 pm

The key to the success of any product lies in the development team, which is a custom application development company. I know only one, very cool team, aristeksystems, which handles all tasks professionally and has a lot of positive feedback, including mine. I highly recommend it.
Krest
level2
level2

Postby Krest » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:30 pm

Truly dedicated software developers are not so easy to find. But real. These people will not work for a low price, and the queue to them can last for months or even years. But the product that you get from them will be of the highest quality. It will be a kind of work of art, in vain they say that this is impossible in programming.
Gorken
level1
level1

Postby Gorken » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:18 pm

I've been using special hosting for quite some time
Last edited by Gorken on Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandsensay
level0

Postby sandsensay » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 am

If they make if free, who will pay for updates? You?
HoltenJu
level1
level1

Postby HoltenJu » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:20 am

I can't speak for all the browser apps I use, but there are still a number of very good ones. For example, WebParanoid for protecting against phishing sites is very good. I have been using this application for a long time and am fully satisfied with its work.

Return to “General”