Introversion in big Hollywood movie!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

MAdMaN
level4
level4

Introversion in big Hollywood movie!

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Ok, so not Mark, Chris, Tom, etc. but in Shazam one of the characters, when talking about how he found information on Billy's parents, says that he's not a hacker even though he's played Watchdogs and a certain little indie game that some of you may know of.
RedDevil085
level3
level3

Re: Introversion in big Hollywood movie!

Postby RedDevil085 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:35 am

First thing i did after watching Shazam is log on here. Kudos guys, on becoming a poo culture reference:)
Lost about 63 Games/ Lifes Ruined (total): 39/
Current status:31337 :-p/ Asswhoo
JontomXire
level0

Re: Introversion in big Hollywood movie!

Postby JontomXire » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:46 am

I played Uplink pre-release as a beta tester and got my name (my real name that is) in the credits (not that I contributed much). I watched Shazam with my family at the weekend and couldn't believe when Uplink got a mention. I immediately dashed upstairs and dug out the CD I had held onto for the last 20 or so years.

Luckily, I saw it played on Linux.
Unluckily it's a really old version of the game, probably not compatible with modern Linux, and anyway my Linux box doesn't have a CD drive.
Luckily it's out on Steam, with a massive discount which ends in two days.
Unluckily Steam is having trouble processing my credit card payment.

Well, we'll see.

I haven't really thought much about Uplink and Chris over the years, but I'm delighted to see that Chris made his dream come true. I knew him personally back in 2000 or so when he was first creating Uplink and Introversion.

I'm currently looking for a new job. I looked at switching from mainstream programming to game programming about 15 years ago but would have had to take a huge paycut :( If you read this, Chris...drop me a line.

Return to “General”