Uplink source code

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

sau226
level0

Uplink source code

Postby sau226 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:07 am

Is uplink still selling source code? Not sure if I would buy it but don't want people to be disappointed if they click on the dev cd link and find out that there is no source code option.
sjo2016
level0

Re: Uplink source code

Postby sjo2016 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 am

sau226 wrote:Is uplink still selling source code? Not sure if I would buy it but don't want people to be disappointed if they click on the dev cd link and find out that there is no source code option.

I was able to buy the Dev CD but it took several emails back and forth to support to get the order fulfilled.
Sensino
level0

Postby Sensino » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:33 am

You can download it (legally) for free here: [snip]

You can either press the green button on the right side to download it directly to your computer,

Or you can (advanced but recommended) make a Git account & clone it to your private Git account, then you have the ability to have it version controlled on your computer, meaning you can make changes & and push them back to git (kind of like a quick-save), and if you make some kind of irreversible mistake you can download ANY of the previously uploaded versions. (I recommend watching some YouTube videos about using git if you are unfamiliar with it).
Last edited by Colytic on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link points to copyright infringement. Uplink source code is still available for sale by Introversion so please do buy it.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Sensino wrote:You can download it (legally) for free here: [snip]

Legally? That doesn't sound very likely. I mean I'm really happy that I can get access to the source code for free but unpoliced isn't the same as legal.

Sensino wrote:You can either press the green button on the right side to download it directly to your computer,

Or you can (advanced but recommended) make a Git account & clone it to your private Git account, then you have the ability to have it version controlled on your computer, meaning you can make changes & and push them back to git (kind of like a quick-save), and if you make some kind of irreversible mistake you can download ANY of the previously uploaded versions. (I recommend watching some YouTube videos about using git if you are unfamiliar with it).

If you're interested in the source code for a game from 2001 and don't know what Git is for you're in for a bad time :wink:

Return to “General”