Uplink Facebook Game?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

N0ught
level3
level3

Uplink Facebook Game?

Postby N0ught » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Three beautiful words, if done properly. I wonder if this has been suggested? I still think Uplink is a great game and I hate to see it fade into obscurity - hell I made a new Uplink skin even recently. I care. And suggesting a Facebook version of Uplink is my way of showing it.

My two pennies.

(Edit: 333rd post!)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Re: Uplink Facebook Game?

Postby NeatNit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Interesting idea.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Interesting idea.
triton-03
level0

Postby triton-03 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 am

Hey guys! I've been playing uplink for years... fell in love with the game and always wanted to play an online version.
I am currently working on my own "uplink" like game on my free time. Keep in mind that I am a computer science student, who works at Wendy's =/ and recently got a job as a tester (hopefully Jr. developer soon!) in a game development company (I'M EXCITED!).

Anyways.. I'm currently coding the game in Java, the server and the client at the same time. The game is still in its really really early stages. I'm about to finish the database connectivity and then its off to actually design the game (How the hacking, missions and the multiplayer are going to work).

I'm really just doing this to learn and for fun, but I would like a good game to come of my hard work. At first I will code the game for PC/Mac/Linux since its easier to test, but when i finish i would like to work on an android version too. Facebook integration was on my mind when i started the project, but I will leave that for last, the game itself is the important part.

So, if anyone wants to work with me, give me ideas or whatever, e-mail me at triton03@gmail.com or you can reply here.
Thank you!

Return to “General”