Forced Server Limit

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Infin8ty
level0

Forced Server Limit

Postby Infin8ty » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 am

I just got Uplink during the Humble Bundle sale and want to play through a vanilla game before tearing the guts out of the source code. :P (didn't think this emoticon looked so evil... creepy)

I have noticed one annoying thing however (not game-breaking, just annoying), there seems to be a server limit on the map, i.e. only a set number of servers will appear on the map. I'm playing today, in the present, so I'm using 1920x1080 res, and I tend to bounce a lot, like a lot (over 1500 secs on basic servers is not unusual for me), and have all the servers on the map at a time, but occasionally they disappear. I'm wondering if it is a set limit, or just a glitch.

Thanks.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 am

I know some of the earlier missions, such as delete a file, copy a file and so on do for some reason un mark that server. You can bring them back onto the map screen by just pressing the square at the end of their name in the server list, pressing it again to activate the orange marker. DO you know when this is happening? is it randomly or after the end of a mission?
HTCPCP: 418
Infin8ty
level0

Postby Infin8ty » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 pm

No, I already deal with that, I just check it after I reply, this is totally random. Main time I noticed it was when half of the bank servers disappeared. Still checked in the list, just didn't appear on the map. It doesn't seem to happen very often (or it does and only to the tiny servers I don't really care about), but I do occasionally notice a hole or cannot find a specific server (usually something like a bank or Government server, I tend to always know where those are, good for routing).
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Cant really say I have experienced that myself, but then I have never used all the servers to bounce through. After the thousand second mark any more just seems like over kill. Im not sure what to recommend on this point. could always remove a few of the less important ones.
HTCPCP: 418

Return to “General”