Possible to never start Storyline?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

tynan
level1
level1

Possible to never start Storyline?

Postby tynan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:13 am

I read that if the Storyline starts, you're basically on a countdown to Endgame. I was wondering if it's possible to ignore the Storyline and/or avoid starting it to begin with, thereby being able to play as long as you want (with same character)? Thanks
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:47 am

I would love to know where you read this, its not the most accurate advice, you can ignore the story line, you don't have to take part in any of it, it will carry on regardless, however there may be a chance that the story does do the endgame counter, but there are ways to prevent this. You can do the story if you want not all endings lead to end game you might want to look at a trusted source for further info
tynan
level1
level1

Postby tynan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:10 pm

I read the UUG pages (thanks for link) and it seems there are 2 endings: 1 where the game ends (Internet destroyed) and one where the virus is stopped but your Gateway is destroyed. It seems one can, if credits are willing, buy a new gateway and keep playing? Or does your agent get caught regardless?
Also, is there a sort of time frame for when the virus "executes"? Thanks
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 pm

thats only if you follow the story, and the captured system is just a result of stopping the virus, if you are captured by the feds in any hack at all, game over, however using the gateway nuke and the motion detector should save you, and uplink will give you the bog standard gateway again. There should be more info on the game itself in the how the nuke works.

Return to “General”