ERMAHGERD, I'm a Herkher!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Daimaju
level2
level2

ERMAHGERD, I'm a Herkher!

Postby Daimaju » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:12 am

Allright, I discovered this jewel 2 days ago and I am blown away. Now I hate myself for not buying it when I had it on the radar a few years ago but hey... life sucks, doesn't it? :P
It's just sad to see the community is so quiet. I discovered the most remaining guys seem to play with 'Onlink', which I tried but think it is not that stable.

Anyways, there are some frustrating things in Uplink and I wonder if somone has a few tips at hand.

For example, after ~4hrs ingame I hacked a bank account (job related) and thought "well, since I'm here, let's grab his 8k, he won't need em..." Shortly after I transfered the money to my account the screen switched and boom, we got you noob!

I am fine with the "no save" policy. It is hard and unforgiving, yet if there would be a quicksave function, the game would turn into a trial and error escapade, so it is fine. What bugs me is that you can't see what got you. Now I heard about passive tracing and I assume they did that. Thing is, I am sure I erased the logs in the bank (v4 deleter) and on my first bounce point (INC), so how did they get me? Or did I forget it this time? Can't imagine... Or was it a little too obvious to transfer the money to my account? Should I have used a second "fake" account or so?

Thx in advance!
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Welcome, and as always when people have questions like this, I send them to this guide it has everything you ever needed to know about uplink, and stuff you probably didn't need to know either. Anyway it has a specific section on bank hacking and it will show exactly what needs to be done.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Thank you, I already found that guide and indeed, it answers...it all :lol:
It's just a shame the game was not developed further, or mods are dead (except onlink but...that's a different thing I assume).

Anyways, thanks for your help!

PS: hacking a bank is way too easy :cry:
Abdullamusa
level0

Re: ERMAHGERD, I'm a Herkher!

Postby Abdullamusa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:42 pm

Can anyone transfer to Chime bank??

Return to “General”