iPad bug list & suggestion thread

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Maxwell
level1
level1

iPad bug list & suggestion thread

Postby Maxwell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 am

The app was updated recently (15th April, 2013). Below is an updated list of bugs & suggestions for the iPad (may apply to Android too) - red items are items that haven't been seen to since my original thread, green items are what I think have been seen to, orange items are items which I'm unsure about & blue items are items which I've added since the 15/04/13 update.

Bugs:
you can abandon the tutorial mission thus making it impossible to progress;
the CPU usage bar covers the far-right time option;
you can't move programs (such as the copier or deleter);
the file copier sometimes refuses to copy items if another item has already been copied;
some characters aren't displayed or bug out (e.g. äēœŵ);
a developer button has been left in that allows instant access to any system;
the app crashes when certain areas are accessed after the developer # button is used to access a system;
if you've already got a profile, you start to register a new agent & then you end the game through the multitask bar, the original profile will be deleted (this just happened to me & I've lost a lot of progress);
tapping some images (such as the loading bars or images upon first boot) triggers the clicking noise;
the app may crash when switching between apps, causing the profile to be deleted or progress to be lost;
unusual characters act strangely, either by graphical errors, not appearing at all, or appearing as different letters altogether.

Suggestions:
update the images (e.g. the map, the icons, the logo) to show off the HD/Retina display;
instead of having a blank space, the computer screen when you're registering an agent should have the Apple/Android logo, just like the PC version has the Windows/Linux logo;
space some things out a bit more to reduce accidental taps (such as selecting the wrong item in a list or tapping the map instead of increasing a program's CPU usage);
prevent the storyline from continuing without the player as the player may want to keep hacking banks & then the game ends because he ignored the storyline;
display the user's bank IPs in the finance tab;
include a 'cheat mode' option in the settings which enables the # developer button or unlimited money;
improve replay value by allowing the user to carry on playing after the storyline & by lengthening the storyline in general;
include the IRC channel again;

enable multitasking so that the player doesn't have to log back in if he closes the app.

I noticed that some listed items 'glow' after being tapped on, though I'm not sure if this is thanks to the update or not. It's a nice touch.
Last edited by Maxwell on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am

Well I will say one thing about the cheat mode. That was one of the first things removed. It really is not hard to get money in the game.
Maxwell
level1
level1

Postby Maxwell » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am

I suppose you're right. It would be nice to have some sort of cheat mode/dev mode, however, just so that we can have a bit of a mess around or see what the devs use.

Do you have any comments on anything else I mentioned, both the ideas & the bugs? I'd appreciate an acknowledgement from a developer of the game just so that I know that they've seen this please.
gazmask
level1
level1

Re: iPad bug list & suggestion thread

Postby gazmask » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Maxwell wrote:Bugs:
    you can abandon the tutorial mission thus making it impossible to progress;

f***, that's why I didn't get any missions today, I installed it again but seem to have forgotten that part. :p
Contributing editor and assistant supervisor at http://www.gvangames.be (dutch)
Played: Uplink, Defcon
Playing: Prison Architect
FlashbackJack
level1
level1

Postby FlashbackJack » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 am

Hi I hope im posting in the right place

Ipad wish list ??

Id like to see the ability to load some of the mods that are available
like changing the theme map graphics etc
the Ipad version is great

FBJ
Maxwell
level1
level1

Postby Maxwell » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:11 am

The app has been updated for the iPad on the 15th of April, 2013. I've updated the original post. I'm happy that some items on my list have been resolved, yet I'm unhappy that a dev still hasn't acknowledged this thread at all. I'm looking forward to more updates.
Maxwell
level1
level1

Postby Maxwell » Sun May 26, 2013 2:31 am

Just found another bug. I attempted to retire one of my profiles. A message comes up saying 'Impossible to remove' then the app crashes before the whole message is displayed.

Return to “General”