"Commit" option in bank broke something

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

kahlzun
level0

"Commit" option in bank broke something

Postby kahlzun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi there, I just hacked into the admin of a bank, and hoping to get their username/passwords to popup on the logon screen, clicked 'commit' for all the accounts on the bank.

Problem being: now I can't access any of the accounts on that bank anymore, even ones I could hack before.

Password breaking and manual password entry are not working.

Any ideas?
kahlzun
level0

Postby kahlzun » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 am

Anyone? Kinda stuck on a pile of missions for this bank now..
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 pm

"clicked 'commit' for all the accounts on the bank"

What do you mean exactly, clicked commit where and why?
kahlzun
level0

Postby kahlzun » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 pm

I logged into the "admin" section on the bank (Wolfram International), and went through all the accounts under the "Account Management" or whatever tab there.
There are 4 buttons there, one of which is "commit". Once i have done this for an account, I have later discovered it seems to 'lock' the account so that you are unable to log in to it, and Password Breaker quits when you run it, just as it would for an incorrectly typed username.
Prior to discovering the effect, I went through and 'committed' all of the accounts for the Wolfram bank, thinking it would record the username/passwords of each.
Final effect is: unable to log on to *any* account on that bank, even ones I had already hacked and had the password for.
Does anyone know of a fix for this?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Have to say I have never come across this behavior before, and just for future reference, that password commit screen, normally at any rate, should not do anything, I think it was some kind of unimplemented mission where you had to change passwords or something. Other then that all I can suggest is don't do it.
kahlzun
level0

Postby kahlzun » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 am

I'm not planning to do it again, but it still leaves me with a 'dead' bank on my account.

Anyone know of any method to 'reset' a bank? Shutdown?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Could start a new game yeah, although just for future reference, telling us the name is pointless as each bank (except one, take a guess) name is randomly generated. So it will be something different next game.

Return to “General”