Android Version for more than just smartphones

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Trev186
level0

Android Version for more than just smartphones

Postby Trev186 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 am

Hi,

I understand you guys made this tablets only because of the screen size issue. My phone is the SGS 3 which is larger than average. I found Uplink for Android online and installed it on my device. I feel bad pirating it and will donate to you shortly.

Even my wife's 7 inch tablet was not able to install the game...

Here are my thoughts. I am sure you wanted to keep the rank high so you have a version of Uplink for tablets only on the Play store. Some bone head users would probably donwload it otherwise and rate the app low because it was so small on their screen.

Even so it runs perfect on my phone and I was playing for like 2 hours having a great time!

Why not create a non tablet version with a VERY big disclaimer that this is not meant for smartphones and may not run as optimally as possible.

Your tablet only version of the app will be untouched from any negative ratings and those of us who want this awesome game on our phone can do so through legal channels.

Another thing to consider is that Android phones can stream and project content to larger displays. I use a Wifi display hub with my SGS 3. With this I can stream my phone's content to my 52 inch TV and play Uplink with relative ease.

Over the next couple of years you can expect more devices like this to appear and become mainstream. For example rumors of "Tablet shells" have been running around for quite some time. The benefit of such a device is you can insert your phone into the tablet shell when your at home and want a larger screen. When you are done pull the phone out and continue on your way. To me this seems ideal because I am an avid user and I spend a lot of time on my phone. If I had a tablet I would feel obligated to spend loads of time making it exactly like my phone. I dont want to manage two devices. Especially when the benefit of a tablet is only a larger screen...

Just some food for thought. You can expect a $25 donation through paypal shortly.

Return to “General”