Bluetooth Keyboard support for Android version?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Mascott
level0

Bluetooth Keyboard support for Android version?

Postby Mascott » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:59 pm

I was having trouble reading the account numbers and names in assignment emails after my keyboard appeared to enter that information into search fields and login areas. To try and avoid this, and to give myself a bit more smooth experience, I hooked my bluetooth keyboard into my Touchpad, and tried playing Uplink. However, when I play with my bluetooth keyboard, when selecting a text field, Uplink still pushes itself up, a bit more than halfway up and off the screen, to make way for an onscreen keyboard that isn't there anymore, leaving half the screen completely blank.
I think everyone that wants to play the game with a Bluetooth keyboard rather than the on screen one, including me, would appreciate the small but significant change of Uplink recognizing when an external keyboard is being used, and, if it is, not sliding upwards.

Or maybe this is a bug! Who knows!
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi there,

The Android version of Uplink in its current forum does not support external keyboards - the same thing happens on the Transformer Prime when trying to play Uplink with the keyboard dock. We will look into supporting external keyboard devices, but it's not a high priority right now because it would benefit a very small percentage of users. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

- The Apportable Team
rastyk
level0

Postby rastyk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:39 am

Have to say I was about to try the same thing, but didn't get to that point yet in testing. The bluetooth mouse works great on it, and is easy for those things that require more precision.
kabucha
level2
level2

Re: Bluetooth Keyboard support for Android version?

Postby kabucha » Mon May 02, 2022 8:14 pm

Hello! I recently found that my laptop keyboard gets dirty too often, even though I don't even eat when I work on my laptop and wash my hands all the time. I thought for a long time about what this is connected with, but I did not come to any conclusion. As a result, I decided to simplify my task and bought such a laptop keyboard cover
With it, my laptop keyboard always stays clean and I don't have to clean it regularly. I advise you to try!

Return to “General”