Framing missions fail to trace your target sometimes?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Spheniscine
level0

Framing missions fail to trace your target sometimes?

Postby Spheniscine » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:33 am

I have come across a few missions of the form "Frame a user for bank fraud" and "Frame a user for data destruction", where the target never seems to get caught and appear in the news. (I made sure to use 2 or 3 bounces, sometimes ran the trace tracker down to 2 seconds, and then modified the logs at InterNIC.) The hacking incident is reported, but I'd fast-forward for weeks after that and nothing happens.

Testing by backing up and reloading saves seem to indicate that the problem lies with the specific missions. Some missions will work, and others won't.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:26 pm

What system are you playing this on? Because I have never come across this problem before.

One other thing is that some of the missions have slightly different wording. Don't know if you know about this but take a look here for specific info for each mission.
Spheniscine
level0

Postby Spheniscine » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Windows 7. I'm using the version of Uplink acquired from the Humble Bundle (ver 1.6)

If you wish to have a look at my save, here's one with two "Frame a user for data destruction" missions, both "duds". I have backed up and reloaded numerous times trying things again and again, just to make sure I didn't make a stupid mistake and to ensure that the issue was consistent.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26985795/Spheniscine.usr

Return to “General”