Android - unbeatable mission due to screen display

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

krogers
level0

Android - unbeatable mission due to screen display

Postby krogers » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 pm

I've enjoyed this game a lot on the PC, and so was pleased to see it available for android!

I've struggled a bit with the user interface - it is a terrible design for a touch interface, and was sad to see it was a straight port of the PC version with no consideration made for trying to select tiny buttons on a tablet device.

However, I'm now stuck as a bank mission seems to have been made unbeatable by the UI - I have to find an account transfer and trace who it was made to, but the log record only shows the first four digits of the other account number, the rest is missing as it has run off the edge of the space given for the column. Now I can't finish the mission at all :-(

I'm a bit sad about the way the game has been ported - this is a fantastic game that can be really fun to play, but I'm afraid that the interface will put me and others off playing it at all.
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi there,

We have an update that will be released shortly which addresses this issue. Some of the text was not being resized properly for smaller tablets, resulting in the bank account codes being cut off. Stay tuned!

- The Apportable Team
Mascott
level0

Postby Mascott » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 pm

I posted about this a few days ago in the bug reports section - Thank you! Is there any ETA on the patch? I'll finally be able to trace Gareth Evans' recent balance transfer...
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:58 pm

The update is live now for both Google Play and the Humble Bundle. It's version 1.0.4 or 1.0.4hb. Thanks for your patience!

- The Apportable Team

Return to “General”