Humble Bundle / Android questions

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

bobulus
level0

Humble Bundle / Android questions

Postby bobulus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 am

Bought and installed the android version through the HB today. A couple questions:

- Is there any way to tie the Humble Bundle version to the Google Play store? I notice that the Play store doesn't register my account as owning the app, and it would be super-convenient to get the updates through that, rather than hunting down the indie bundle link.

- Played a bit, just how I remember it back on the PC. I'm a little stumped, though, that I can't seem to do the academic record editing mission. I log in as readwrite (so as not to be traced), find the record, type in the correct stuff, hit commit...and it doesn't commit? Mission email just says I haven't made the change yet. Re-searching for the record brings it up without my changes. I admit my old brain may be forgetting something, but I definitely hit that commit button ten or fifteen times to no avail.
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi there,

There is no way to register the Humble Bundle version of Uplink to Google Play. However, there is a Humble Bundle Android app which manages Humble Bundle purchases and notifies you when there are updates available for your Humble Bundle apps. You can find more information about this app on your Humble Bundle download page.

For the academic record mission - we have not heard about this issue yet on the Android version, but we'll look into it.

Hope you enjoy the Bundle!

- The Apportable Team
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:59 am

We've looked into the academic record mission issue you mentioned and can't seem to reproduce it. If you still experience it after updating to 1.0.5hb (which should be released for Humble Bundle today or tomorrow), could you let us know the brand and model of your devices and the version of Android you're running?

- The Apportable Team

Return to “General”