Android - file selection

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

planetm
level0

Android - file selection

Postby planetm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 pm

I am overjoyed to finally have uplink for Android. I have come across a couple of issues, I lost several hours play due to the illegal copy bug I see has now been fixed. The other problem was when selecting files to copy or delete. I was using the file delete to remove my proxy bypass v1, but pressed initially on the monitor bypass v5, I dragged my selection down to the proxy but it still deleted my hard earned monitor bypass ($25k loss!). On a 7" touchscreen it is far too easy to press the wrong item if you can't then slide down the list to change the selected item.

Keep up the good work :-)
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:08 am

Hi planetm,

Thanks for the feedback - we'll look into the file selection issue you've been having on your 7" tablet and see if it would be a good idea to tweak it.

Christina
The Apportable Team
Stonebot
level0

Re: Android - file selection

Postby Stonebot » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:00 am

planetm wrote:I am overjoyed to finally have uplink for Android. I have come across a couple of issues, I lost several hours play due to the illegal copy bug I see has now been fixed. The other problem was when selecting files to copy or delete. I was using the file delete to remove my proxy bypass v1, but pressed initially on the monitor bypass v5, I dragged my selection down to the proxy but it still deleted my hard earned monitor bypass ($25k loss!). On a 7" touchscreen it is far too easy to press the wrong item if you can't then slide down the list to change the selected item.

Keep up the good work :-)

It is even too easy to click on the wrong thing on a 10 inch
planetm
level0

Postby planetm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 am

Apportable wrote:Hi planetm,

Thanks for the feedback - we'll look into the file selection issue you've been having on your 7" tablet and see if it would be a good idea to tweak it.

Christina
The Apportable Team

Thanks for looking at it. I think that when selecting anything in game (e.g. Files in your own memory, logs on another computer, etc) the selected item should be the one you "untouch" the screen on rather than the first one you touch. I hope that makes sense.
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 am

This is my only big complaint about Uplink on android. While the UI is great on a computer it's just too cramped for a touch screen. The game also suffers whenever a keyboard is needed. I got to my first mission to fake an academic record and my keyboard covered up the mission objectives so I couldn't see the name of the target.
The enemy's gate is down.

Return to “General”