My save?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

ChickenMouth
level0

My save?

Postby ChickenMouth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm

I bought the humble indie bundle and downloaded the games on steam, I played the game for like 2 hours and looked for a save button but couldn't find one assuming it's auto save I quit and now I don't have a save....
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:41 pm

The game is supposed to be autosaving; you're supposed to live with whatever mistakes you make and start the game anew when you make the worst ones.

I take it that the symptoms for you are either:
"On running Uplink again, I see the menu for loading agent profiles but mine isn't listed" or
"On running Uplink again, I'm taken straight to the agent registration again. Logging out of that game to the main menu doesn't show my old save."

Correct?
ChickenMouth
level0

Postby ChickenMouth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 pm

yea when I try to play again it says if I want I can log on to a account but there are non listed there
tylr
level0

Postby tylr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:42 am

I'm having this same problem running it on Windows 7. I was only given the option to register a new agent when I just went to play for the second time... I ended up registering a new one, and then exiting and noticed my older one, so I relogged in, but none of the progress was saved.

I'm guessing this is a problem with the security settings on Win 7, since the Uplink folder is in /Program Files (x86) which is often set to Read Only. I've had similar problems before.

Will try to reinstall it to another directory and report back.
tylr
level0

Postby tylr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 am

Installing it to another directory seems to have worked.

Too bad I lost the whole night of progress I made when I first got the game :/

Return to “General”