another one Humble bundle Uplink problem

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Bel_Riose
level0

another one Humble bundle Uplink problem

Postby Bel_Riose » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 pm

I was waiting for android uplink realise since I heared about it. But when I install uplink to my tablet (pocketbook a10 3g) and run it, I meet a problem. After "loading" screen the game shows establishing of connection between "uplink public server" and "localhost" but the screen freezes with image of the connection and nothing happens after that. Music continious to play. Please, fix it!
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 am

Hi there,

We recently released an update for the Humble Bundle version of Uplink which fixes stability problems that some users were experiencing at the beginning of the game. Could you try updating to the latest version and see if that helps? Thanks!

Christina
The Apportable Team
Bel_Riose
level0

Postby Bel_Riose » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

I download and install new version (1.0.3) but nothing changes. :-(
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:44 am

Which version of Android are you running on this tablet, and is it a custom ROM or stock Android?

We're not very familiar with this tablet, so if you are running stock Android it may be a device-specific problem.

Christina
The Apportable Team
Bel_Riose
level0

Postby Bel_Riose » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I have stock android 2.3.7.

If you want, I could test debug builds of Uplink on my device and send you the results(logs, reports).
My e-mail: gudoshnikov@yandex.ru
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Before we try anything like a debug build, could you try completely uninstalling and reinstalling with the new version instead of just updating? We've found that people have had success with this when they've run into crashing issues.

Thanks again!

Christina
The Apportable Team
Bel_Riose
level0

Postby Bel_Riose » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 am

I already tried this, but it did not help.
level0

Same problem here...

Postby 857 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm using an ASUS Infinity (not Rooted/Custom ROM) and also get the cut to black after the start sequence.

Have uninstalled/reinstalled latest, but it doesn't help.

Please fix this.
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello 857 and Bel_Riose,

We have not been able to replicate this issue on any of the tablets we've tested on. We don't have the Transformer Infinity or the Pocketbook A10 3G in particular, but we have a lot of other tablets from various manufacturers (including other Transformer tablets) running various versions of Android and Uplink has been tested on pretty much all of them. We also haven't received any recent reports of crashing at this part of the game in the customer support email box.

@857: Have you tried rebooting the tablet? We've often found with Asus Transformer tablets that rebooting takes care of a lot of crashing issues. What is the version number of the firmware you're running?

@Bel_Riose: We'll follow up over email.

A final thought - please make sure your device has a data or wifi connection when playing Uplink so that crash reports get uploaded to our servers. This will really help us figure out why the game is crashing.

Thanks!

Christina
The Apportable Team
level0

Postby 857 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:47 am

I have rebooted several times to no effect. The same issue occurred in both the previous and the latest version of Uplink (updated thru the Humble Bundle app) . I am running a clean ASUS Android 4.0.3.
madsmash
level0

Problems with Asus TF700 Infinity

Postby madsmash » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 am

Hello, I'm also having the mentioned problem in my transformer infinity. The game starts, screen flips upside down for a second, connecting to servers screen and then crash. I have tried to write a review in google play but it's not possible since I didn't download the app from there...

I can deal with stacktraces, logcat dumps and all that stuff so if there is something I can do to help you fix it, please let me know.
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi folks,

We've been investigating this issue and think we have a fix for it. If you'd like to help us test it, please email us at androidsupport [at] introversion [dot] co [dot] uk and list your device, Android version, and the email address you used to purchase the Humble Bundle. Thanks!

Christina
The Apportable Team

Return to “General”