DRM? Humble bundle?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Stonebot
level0

Postby Stonebot » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:16 am

After fully removing the app from my system, and then installing the app from the apk, I was unable to replicate any of the bugs!

Looks like the key was to do a full wipe and not just running an update.
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Okay! Excellent! We'll let other people know if they email us about this issue. If you run into any other problems, please feel free to email us or post about it.

Christina
The Apportable Team
kp68vv7kcj
level0

Postby kp68vv7kcj » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 am

Apportable wrote:It appears that save files which were being modified when an anti-piracy lock-out occurred then become disabled even with the new version. So, with version 1.0.3 you can play the game forever without being locked out, but only if you start a new game. We're investigating this issue right now to see whether this can be changed.

Christina
The Apportable Team

Any word as to whether the locked out save files will be recoverable? I got screwed by this too after about 5 hours of playing.
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:39 am

kp68vv7kcj wrote:Any word as to whether the locked out save files will be recoverable? I got screwed by this too after about 5 hours of playing.

Unfortunately, the save files were overwritten when they were locked and they can't be recovered. We really regret this situation and wish we could do more about it. We're working very hard on fixing bugs and making sure Uplink runs smoothly for everyone, so we do hope you keep enjoying the game.

Christina
The Apportable Team

Return to “General”