A few quick questions about Uplink?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

03 SB FX4
level0

A few quick questions about Uplink?

Postby 03 SB FX4 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey guys,

Let me first say that I have never played this type of game before, I just sort of stumbled upon it while looking for a new game on Steam. I was looking for a game that engages the mind and makes you think and I think that Uplink would be perfect!

Here is the questions that I wondering:

1. I seen that Uplink has a mod site but I was just wondering - the core gameplay, how long does it take to play the game. Is it one of those games that you play for a week and there is nothing else to do or can you create new things to do?

2. Will Uplink work on a laptop PC (Windows 7 - 64-bit) with a 15.6" HD screen?

3. How is the replay aspect? (Play it once and done or play over and over).

Thanks.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 am

1. I don't know
2. Yes, but try the demo to make sure
3. AFAIK not very high. It's definitely not the same after you finish it once. But I hear it's fun to get back to maybe two years after you finished it.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 am

The mod site doesnt really work with the new versions. But as for replayability, there is always stuff to do. See if you can complete the story line with stock gear, see how many people you can get arrested in one go without using the monitor bypass. See how much cash you can steal in one go, see how many servers you can trash in a set amount of time. Theres always things to do.

Return to “General”