How to frame a person for bank fraud?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Paxton
level0

How to frame a person for bank fraud?

Postby Paxton » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm

I read a guide over at Modlink, and it says to connect to the bank listed in the email, bounce off of 3 or 4 servers or it wont work, and without bypassing or hacking, try to get in. And when the trace starts, wait a couple seconds, then disconnect from the bank.

Okay so I did all of that to the letter. Next I'm supposed to call my first bounce, which was InterNIC, am I supposed to hack into InterNIC, or just connect directly to InterNIC from the Gateway? Because the guide tells you to get into the Admin section, but I was never traced when I did that, even though I used a password hack.

Anyway, it says with a Log Modifier, change the 3rd log from the top, which shows that you logged on, and change it to their IP addy. Okay, I did that, and then it says to delete the Admin login log, which I didn't even see, so I just deleted the top 2 logs from InterNIC, and they caught me.

Any idea what I did wrong here?

Thanks.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 am

You need to change the bounce log not the connected log. And interNIC will never trace you, ever, so it is safe to connect directly to it.
Paxton
level0

Postby Paxton » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 am

orillian wrote:You need to change the bounce log not the connected log. And interNIC will never trace you, ever, so it is safe to connect directly to it.

Thanks for the reply Orillian.

Yep when I connected to interNIC, I used the log modifier on the 3rd log from the top, which was a bounce log, and put in the other persons IP address, but, when I went to delete the "Admin Access log" I didn't even see an admin access log and just deleted the top 2 logs above that bounce log, which when I fast forwarded, I had been caught.

So i'm thinking I shouldn't had even touched those 2 logs above the bounce log at interNIC, so am I supposed to delete logs at the bank, or just deal with logs at interNIC only?

And what will an Admin Access log look like? (EG: Admin logged on)?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:36 pm

admin access will look like "IP password authentication accepted"
Dont know if this is for all accounts or just admin, but thats what you get when you connect to interNIC

Also you should ALWAYS delete your logs, especially the routing one and the one i mentioned above.

As for how to do the missions the best thing I can do is direct you to the UUG everything, and I mean everything you ever need about uplink is in there.

Return to “General”