Playing Uplink on an HDTV

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

tuxedojacob
level0

Playing Uplink on an HDTV

Postby tuxedojacob » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:12 am

Hi all, I've scoured the web for an answer or fix to this, but I've been having issues playing Uplink comfortably on my setup.

I'm playing on a 46" HDTV in my living room and my big problem is that the resolution makes the text too small and far apart. "But, tux", you say, "just lower the resolution, and there won't be any problems with text size", or "just play in windowed mode so things aren't so far apart.

Here are some of the problems I'm having at various resolutions - maybe you can help? (I have already disabled DPI scaling in compatibility options for both Steam and Uplink)

At full 1920x1080 full screen - Everything fits on the screen, but the text is super small

At 1280x720 full screen - The relative size of everything is better, but it cuts off the border of the screen, like so - http://i.imgur.com/TfFhp.png

The window getting cut off issue is basically the same for any resolution below native (1920x1080). Any help would be most appreciated. I can't really play as is without being right up next to the screen, which is not ideal.

Thanks in advance!
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Are you sure the lower resolution problems are not just your TV cropping out the overscan area? You may be able to activate 'Just Scan' mode in the TV's menu, right were you can control the image aspect ratio. If that's not it or your TV doesn't have such an option, you may be able to let your graphics card scale the image instead of your TV, your TV will then see it as regular 1920x1080 input. In the NVidia control panel, that would be in the Display/Desktop Size section, I don't know anything about AMD/ATI.
tuxedojacob
level0

Postby tuxedojacob » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:48 pm

I have a Radeon HD 4870, so I'm using Catalyst, which also has a screen scaling option, which IS being used currently in Windows. Most every other game is fine, with completely viewable window. I tried brute forcing i it by underscaling it to compensate, but it ignores that scaling, which tells me that it's ignoring the original underscale. The TV has no options to underscale on its own. Let me know if you want more information, but this is where I'm at now. Thanks again for your help.
Cathleen R Gomez
level0

Re: Playing Uplink on an HDTV

Postby Cathleen R Gomez » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Today number of video games we can download easily and these are pretty enjoyable as well. The people who are looking for the best video games to play they have to visit that website and gather the information. I really appreciate your oxbridge essays review effort keep going to bring more.

Return to “General”