Codelink v2 ( uplink clone ) download

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

momoguru
level1
level1

Codelink v2 ( uplink clone ) download

Postby momoguru » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:45 pm

So i thought i would drop by again and give everyone an update on Codelink v2. There has been a ton of updates and additions since i last posted about it on these forums. Skins, a server edito that lets you create you own computers, online networks and more.... Anyway, right to the good stuff....

http://truthisaweapon.com is the main website. the game is a free download and requires no plug ins or anything like that. the community is very open and friendly (cough)... if you would like to participate in the development of this game, head on over. lots of info about modding and tweaking codelink v2.

here is one of the newest youtube vids that give you an idea of how the game operates.... its very much like uplink (had it been built this year)

http://www.youtube.com/user/codelinkv2#p/a/u/1/4ZrhaHIs_u0
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 am

ok i got this and have had a little play, and i have to say i am impressed. brilliant ways to connect to the servers, good tests i have to say you could probably call this an independant game
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 pm

thanx ori, ive been working on this for 2.5 years. it really is an independent game.... well , it will be once the storyline missions go live. right now there is just the grind of randomly generated missions. granted there are close to 30 of them, its still just a simulaition of sorts at this point. currently we are hashing out the first 10 storyline missions / which also serves as a tutorial of sorts.

i should have a new update going live in a week or so, it replaces all the servers in the game with much cooler, unique graphical ones. (theres some screenshots on the forum if u are interested.

also, we welcome any help, suggestions, whatever... everyone is welcome to help build servers and networks for the game.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:30 pm

OK, first of all i am finding it almost impossible to crack into mission rating 1 servers the only one i have manages is one with a difficulty of 30, I think either a little bit more time or more of an explanation to get time is needed, but i wouldnt do much to the GUI since it looks pretty good
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:14 pm

yeah man, there is lots to learn. ill give ya a quick rundown... u will need to hack a few proxies and save them routes. then load a route and attack a server, those extra bounces will give u more time. (unlike uplink, u have to hack each proxy). ur first bounce should go thru the codelink orientation server, its a freebie.
generate missions until u get a copy or delete file mission on a low level server, it may take a few refresh clicks to get an easy one. also, be aware that each program contains a minigame of sorts. these minigames will boost the power of the program and make that progress bar go faster. make sure u use them. each program game is different, and u will have to learn each one.

we've just started doing a few 'getting started' tutorial videos, those will help you know what to buy when u first get started.
... and if u need any questions answered, the guys on the forums are quick.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm

OK, also one last thing. is the security randomly generated? because it seems like banks and government have security 8 or so while file servers have 50+, that doesnt seem right
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 pm

every server in the version u r playing has been randomly generated. although the security lvls vary, the difficulty gauged more by the server type. so bank missions are much much more difficult. doing a mission on a lvl 5 bank server is harder than a copy file mission on a lvl 50 corporate server.
momoguru
level1
level1

ONLINE TESTING IS LIVE!

Postby momoguru » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 am

we are live and online now, all players in the same game, same server. your logs are visible to everyone, and pvp programs and scripts are coming in phases.
if you are not familiar with codelink v2, hit up the youtube channel and watch the walkthru videos, they will greatly help you out.

http://youtube.com/codelinkv2

or the website main website with forums and videos too.
http://truthisaweapon.com

and, if you are really lazy, you can play in the browser @
http://codelinkv2.com/beta
momoguru
level1
level1

new update, and demo video

Postby momoguru » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:14 pm

so, on halloween, i will be launching a new update with lots of new stuff, tweaks, and fixes.
here is a youtube video demo of some of the new stuff being featured.

give er a whirl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlHUAFZIGWc

the dec 1st update will launch the beginnings of multiplayer combat, player managed lans and much more...
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:54 pm

one last thing, i still play the offline version, and i prefer it then the online, why have you taken the download off the site? I know its supposed to be online but there are some antisocial idiots like me that prefer to play alone
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:47 am

to be honest, the code changed quite a bit when i started the online stuff. since so many of the aspects of the game rely on global data now (players can email each other, and logs are global for all to see, etc..) it was too much to handle solo. so i will do a big offline update once i get the multiplayer going. we had last month close to 600 player accounts, with an average 40 actives a day. they get fussy and want more online stuff for PVP.

anyway, i REALLY suggest you check our the online version, the download link in on the forums... i think you will enjoy it, you dont have to be social, and its actually to your advantage to stay solo somewhat.
momoguru
level1
level1

dec 1st update

Postby momoguru » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:17 am

Lots of new stuff going live on dec 1st. if you love uplink and want something more, head on over and play with us.
momoguru
level1
level1

new PVP update

Postby momoguru » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:50 pm

hey guys, thought id drop by for another update on codelinkv2, today we launch phase 2 of multi-player which includes over 28 new PVP scripts. if you are dying to play an online version of uplink on crack... come join us. :) ill be making a new YT video with a walkthru of the multiplayer stuff we have so far, ill post it here once its live.
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:11 pm

orillian wrote:one last thing, i still play the offline version, and i prefer it then the online, why have you taken the download off the site? I know its supposed to be online but there are some antisocial idiots like me that prefer to play alone

i uploaded the offline version... u will find a link on the forums. its v2.0.7.2 so it wont have all the new stuff that v 2.0.8.5g has, but its still fun.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:25 am

yay

Return to “General”