Codelink v2 ( uplink clone ) download

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Zothen
level0

Postby Zothen » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Kudos momo, that seems to be the only working online game that resembles the concepts of Uplink. Youre not very fast but youre obviously progressing!
Keep up the good work!
thegenius2009
level0

Postby thegenius2009 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 am

i am a fellow admin with momoguru and i would also like to thanks him for all his work
and as he said codelink is uplink online on crack (if there ever was one)

so check it out guys!
lets make this the best possable and not let it become vaporware
Join and if ya ever need help from a admin ask for genius_boy or momoguru :wink:
momoguru
level1
level1

Codelink v2.0.9.0

Postby momoguru » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:48 am

The new version just went up. Thought i would share it since some of you care.
for those who don't know, codelink is 100% free, no email activation required, no in-game ads. it is the multi player Uplink 2 that never happened.

if you don't want to download it, you can play right in the browser :)

and if you are a small child, or a man with tiny fingers... play on ur android phone.

phone video... kinda funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Db_oFP_pM

anyway, come join us :)
momoguru
level1
level1

woohoo

Postby momoguru » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 am

We have had another huge update. lots of balancing and gui upgrades. live banks, loans, player to player transfers.... and come tuesday, npc servers will start fighting back when the trace tracker reaches halfway. Anyway, i thought i would share for those who like to stop by and see what we got going every once in awhile.

in the very rare case that chris see this post, i would love to do a small video interview with you to include in the history of codelink server in game, since your game inspired me to create what is basically uplink 2 online.
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:43 am

alrighty, so here is the lastest greatest.

you can now crash npc servers
server security is based on the remote health of the npc servers hardware components.
npcs fight back
you can opt out of pvp by unpluging ur diagnostics module
tons of new toys to play with
all game objects have descriptions now
new hijack scripts will give u cpanel access to a server
players can now defend npc servers to prevent loss of cpanel access
over 10 satellite networks focusing on regions of the world map
one click install for programs, as well as drag and drop
you can buy away criminal violations and mission aborts using loyalty points
video player in game, so u can watch tutorial as u play (as well as hacker movies on the theater server)
automatic game updater, no more downloading in the browser
custom local playlists for the in game mp3 player
hardware guardians (shields) for each component type (a must for pvp)
each server has live news
every server has a private chatroom

anyway, for those who follow our progress, give it a whirl.... things are shaping up :)
http://codelinkv2.com
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for disabling PVP, will take it up again.
ZeroTheHero
level0

Postby ZeroTheHero » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I can get the offline version to run. But the 2.09 version doesn't do anything when I click it?
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 am

no sure what ur looking at, but here is the download link u need
http://clv2.net/clv2/game/clv2.zip
Odexios
level0

Postby Odexios » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 pm

One suggestion; don't ask in the registration form of the official forum of Codelink for an answer which can be known only to those who were capable to play the game.

It blocks from posting users who, you know, are trying to play it but can't for a variety of reasons; I tried to skim through the binaries to get the name of the player, but I was unable to find that particular information.

In my case, for instance, the problem is that I'm a linux gamer. I take it there is no linux-compatible version around? I tried to launch it via wine with no success; it's a pity, 'cause it seems like a really nice game and I'd love to give it a try.
momoguru
level1
level1

Postby momoguru » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 am

momos chatbox
that will get u in the forum, and once i finish up the security on the browser version, u will be able to play on linux again :)
pm me on the codelink forums and i will give u the dev link that will let u play while i get things ready.

as for wine, there are a bunch of players who use wine to play, perhaps they can help u out.
Rycr
level1
level1

Postby Rycr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:07 am

Wow, this looks really impressive from what little I've seen so far. I'll definitely be giving it a try.
I may have a paltry number of posts, but I've been around since the Pre-Nakatomi days.
computerquip
level0

Postby computerquip » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am

I played the game for a good 15 minutes just to realize I couldn't do anything because I screwed up buying my hardware. I didn't feel like waiting through 10+ second waiting time for doing just about anything and despite being one of the five people on IRC, I was asked to leave because I asked about the waiting times.

I'd prefer single player if I get "game balance" and "actual web host" as a justification for accomplishing practically nothing the first 15-30 minutes of the game because of waiting time.
JAFO
level0

Postby JAFO » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:44 am

computerquip wrote:I played the game for a good 15 minutes just to realize I couldn't do anything because I screwed up buying my hardware. I didn't feel like waiting through 10+ second waiting time for doing just about anything and despite being one of the five people on IRC, I was asked to leave because I asked about the waiting times.

I'd prefer single player if I get "game balance" and "actual web host" as a justification for accomplishing practically nothing the first 15-30 minutes of the game because of waiting time.

Uplink has "waiting times" that are practically the same.. why don't those bother you?
redocJT
level0

Postby redocJT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:04 pm

The waiting times are actually why I didn't release the MP update to the game I recently did. It's impossible(literally) not to have them where there is multiple calculators(computers/users) deducting to a fixed number, without exhausting a server with queries each iteration at least to check for zero..

The iteration queries aren't even realistic for a minimal protocol on a TCP or UDP socket thread. I know I tested it with 8 players on a dedicated xeon server, benchmarking the resource load.

SUMMARY: This is why all MP hacksim games with mechanics(non-DSO) use these timers. If I ever want to do a timer game I'll implement and release.
TerminalAgent
level0

Offline versions of codelink

Postby TerminalAgent » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 am

hey momoguru do you plan to release the version of 2.0.9.7 in offline?? I prefer to play offline. I just checked out your online version and it was fantastic. Only thing that disappointed me was the latest offline version uploaded on your site was v2.0.7.2.

I think you should keep it optional for the user to play online or offline

Return to “General”