How come this certain mission won't appear this go-around?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Hacker101
level3
level3

How come this certain mission won't appear this go-around?

Postby Hacker101 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey it's been a while but I finally started playing Uplink again!

But one of my favorite missions, the one where you trace a recent balance transfer, has not shown up on the list :( except for once, but I'll get to that in a second. But this is the one I've been waiting on since they've "recently transferred a sizable amount of money..." and you can hack into that account and get around $1,000,000, which is excellent, but that mission has not appeared even though I'm at the "Uber-skilled" level.

I thought my neuromancer rating might have something to do with it so I started out on the positive side and then decided to go to the negative side (to see if it would appear) and the mission did appear, but only once, and they wouldn't let me do it, which is very weird... It wouldn't let me automatically accept the mission OR contact the person - could that be a bug?

I'm sort of frustrated since it's one of my favorite missions to do, especially since you can steal a million, but in the past I've had several of those to do at a time, so could you help me figure out why that mission isn't popping up this go-around?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, the only bank mission I've been able to do are a couple near the beginning of the game where all I do is find the balance of an account, but now they've disappeared too :( So I have no idea why; they're not available not matter what my neuromancer rating is it seems like???
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:42 pm

The missions are randomly generated. Sometimes ones appear, sometimes they don't.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Hacker101
level3
level3

Postby Hacker101 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Alright, maybe next time then.
Axoren
level1
level1

Postby Axoren » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Fast Forward while looking at the mission list, eventually you'll get different things.
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

And if you're impatient...

Postby Chad Mulligan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:37 am

...and you really want the money, you don't have to wait for the missions -- nothing says you can't hit the banks on your own initiative, although without known account numbers you do need admin access.
"I tell you three times..."

Return to “General”