iHacker - Gameplay Video Released

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:44 am

Looking slick! Best of luck.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:50 am

Well it looks good. We may actually have a contender for an online hacking game that doesn't suck. Keep up the good work and let us know when a demo is available to tool around with.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
64 Byte Killer
level1
level1

Postby 64 Byte Killer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:27 pm

Well done so far TrueADM, I have got to commend you for being able to produce something that looks professional entirely on your own. :)
markhyder
level2
level2

Postby markhyder » Sat May 10, 2008 7:10 am

I can not get onto IHacker.co.uk , I went to a differnt sites and said:

The iHacker Client is not yet available to the public.
iHacker is currently still in its testing phase.
chef_teko
level1
level1

Postby chef_teko » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:06 pm

OK! OK!

Everything looks pretty! The game seems to be "playable", sounds are great...

But, some advices:

1) Don't forget GNU-Linux, Mac, *-BSD users.
2) Remember that some of us don't have a credit card, so, when it will available to buy, other ways to buy will be nice!
3) What's the hardware requirements?
4) Support!

I had some problems with Uplink installation, but it was SOLVED. Thanks to veteran in this forum...

good luck!
TrueADM
level1
level1

Postby TrueADM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try and answers your questions.

1) I'm aware of the Linux and Mac users but DirectX isn't multi-platform and migrating to OpenGL is too expensive for development time.
2) There will hopefully be other methods of payment.
3) The hardware requirements aren't high but a DirectX 9.0 video card is required. If your PC can run any of today's games, iHacker should run fine.
4) Support will be a top priority.

Here's a screenshot showing the high resolution support:

Culex
level1
level1

Postby Culex » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:35 am

TrueADM wrote:1) I'm aware of the Linux and Mac users but DirectX isn't multi-platform and migrating to OpenGL is too expensive for development time.

Okay, I won't show any interest in your game. You should have planned beforehand. I hate ignorant people like you.
3) The hardware requirements aren't high but a DirectX 9.0 video card is required. If your PC can run any of today's games, iHacker should run fine.

So even if I would buy Windows, I could directly buy a new graphics card. Thank you.
http://www.adm-studios.com/screenshots/ ... e_ever.PNG

You are naming all your programs *.app -> Mac OS X.

And about your trial account system:
- No character bank money limit. With a trial account you are limited to having a maximum of 1000 credits. With the premium account there is no limit.

- No character level cap. With a trial account you cannot level up any further than level 10. With the premium account there is no level cap.

Wait a second. If I take Uplink as standard, 1000 credits are really around nothing. It's enough to buy a password breaker, but you can level up ten levels? With the credit limit is this around impossible.

And by the way: Why do you want to store all players on your server? A player should be free to do with his own save game whatever he wants to.

Oh, may you even use the Energy Bios logo as seen in http://www.adm-studios.com/screenshots/game4.PNG?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Culex wrote:And by the way: Why do you want to store all players on your server? A player should be free to do with his own save game whatever he wants to.

Erm. That could be a problem in a persistent massive online multiplayer game.
Culex
level1
level1

Postby Culex » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Phelanpt wrote:
Culex wrote:And by the way: Why do you want to store all players on your server? A player should be free to do with his own save game whatever he wants to.

Erm. That could be a problem in a persistent massive online multiplayer game.

In a massive online multiplayer game - okay, but I generally don't like the idea.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Culex wrote:
TrueADM wrote:1) I'm aware of the Linux and Mac users but DirectX isn't multi-platform and migrating to OpenGL is too expensive for development time.

Okay, I won't show any interest in your game. You should have planned beforehand. I hate ignorant people like you.

So even if I would buy Windows, I could directly buy a new graphics card. Thank you.
http://www.adm-studios.com/screenshots/ ... e_ever.PNG

You are naming all your programs *.app -> Mac OS X.

And about your trial account system:
- No character bank money limit. With a trial account you are limited to having a maximum of 1000 credits. With the premium account there is no limit.

- No character level cap. With a trial account you cannot level up any further than level 10. With the premium account there is no level cap.

Wait a second. If I take Uplink as standard, 1000 credits are really around nothing. It's enough to buy a password breaker, but you can level up ten levels? With the credit limit is this around impossible.

And by the way: Why do you want to store all players on your server? A player should be free to do with his own save game whatever he wants to.

Oh, may you even use the Energy Bios logo as seen in http://www.adm-studios.com/screenshots/game4.PNG?

Ok so from all that I am getting "someone who wants to game but doesn't want windows".

Fair enough, no one is holding a gun to your head, but people have to target the biggest audience, and that is windows machines. You may not like it, but tough.

As for saving data on his server, do you really have an idea how online games work? The data is usually held on the main servers.

If you have legitimate complainst all well and good, but you just seem to be argumentative for the sake of it.
hardrat
level0

Postby hardrat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:02 pm

From what I seen about this game, it's going to be great.

If it's half as good as Uplink, I will try it!
Everybody knows that the game developers (even the big companies) "borrow" ideas from other products.
And then they improve it, so they can give something new to the gamers.

The multiplayer functionality is a giant leap forward in a game type like this. A lot of ideas have broken down,
because the developer just didn't had time to finish, or just bored in the making of the game.

And by the way I have some question about the game:
-In the gameplay video there was a console, and in the bottom-left corner, there was an Uplink style Applications menu.
It means that the players can "hack" with commands, and with drag-and-drop holywood style?
-The graphics are very impressive. But as said before, there are a lot of stolen/borrowed stuff, like logos and sound.
Are they still in the game, or have you replaced them with you own stuff?
In the booting sequence of the gateway, there is a logo, like Energy Star. I think you should replace them with fictional logos,
and you should make servers which are owned by these companies, who are improving their softwares.
-Last question: In Uplink, your gateway which connects you to the internet is in the Uplink Company, so you don't have physical access to the computer. SO the gateway must be turned on, because you cant connect to an offline computer.
But in iHacker you see how your gateway boots, and you change the hardwares with your own hands. This means that the gateway is in your home? Because if it is, if they trace you, you get to jail, and you dont have the opportunity to destroy it before the police arrives.
I mean if the police is already there, they wont let you to destroy it. But of course you can burn it before they arrive, but you never know when they knock on your virtual door :]

Oh, and sorry for my english, like so many people here, I'm from an other country too.
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Looks and sounds like Uplink2. :P

Not saying that's a bad thing.

Hope a lot of it can be modded. (Only skimmed through this thread.)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:44 pm

August to December.

Not the biggest necrophilia done to a thread, but still rather pointless overall, as like so many "Hey I can make an online version of Uplink" that we see on here, it died.
hardrat
level0

Postby hardrat » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 am

This game was first Nanobyte, or something like that.
And then it got renamed to iHacker. Oh, and I got a mail from TrueADM.
He said he's working on the game. So I think its not dead (yet).
But I hope I will get an oppotunity to try the demo version.
Or even the full.
/OFF
(I are no necromancer. I are me.)
/ON
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:08 am

So this is still being worked on? Any percentages?

Return to “General”