Nanobyte

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:25 am

You're also merely proving your an idiot by bumping aged topics. Any everything you make is also a blatent rip off of Uplink.

The pair of you should team up and not make games together.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
CyberGenesis
level2
level2

Postby CyberGenesis » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:27 am

even the "retro" mmo has sprites jacked from a free game engine I once used for a design class last year.

The saddest part is that engine was written in VB!

Everything on that site is listed as 'in devlopment', hasn't had a progress report in 3 months, and the hacking game is apparently 'out of testing' and still hasnt had an update.

1) Yer a lazy bum
2) Stop ripping people off

there are a dozen hacking games out and barely anything similar about most of them. Others are capable of original thought, why aren't you?
TrueADM
level1
level1

Postby TrueADM » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:31 pm

CyberGenesis wrote:even the "retro" mmo has sprites jacked from a free game engine I once used for a design class last year.

The saddest part is that engine was written in VB!

Everything on that site is listed as 'in devlopment', hasn't had a progress report in 3 months, and the hacking game is apparently 'out of testing' and still hasnt had an update.

1) Yer a lazy bum
2) Stop ripping people off

there are a dozen hacking games out and barely anything similar about most of them. Others are capable of original thought, why aren't you?

It's not being written in VB, it's being written in C#. The graphics in the MMO are not being ripped off, I designed half the tiles and graphics, I had permission to use the other tiles from the respected author.

The game's always being updated.

Did you even know that Chris from Introversion played NBO? He was the the first people to alpha test the game. He never had an issue with the game, infact Chris encouraged me to release it and offered me advice.
exosyphen
level2
level2

Postby exosyphen » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:34 pm

None of us was born a top coder.
We all start with a simple "Hello World" and work our way up.

It's just like a road we all travel, except our journeys started at different times, and we are in different points of the road.

Keep going :)
64 Byte Killer
level1
level1

Postby 64 Byte Killer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:12 pm

TrueADM wrote:Did you even know that Chris from Introversion played NBO? He was the the first people to alpha test the game. He never had an issue with the game, infact Chris encouraged me to release it and offered me advice.

ADM, no offense to you mate, but making statements such as this would not be the best way to increase favour amongst the uplink forum crowd, you would need evidence to back up that statement because even I find that one hard to believe.
TrueADM
level1
level1

Postby TrueADM » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:30 am

You can ask him? Infact I still have the e-mails. If anyone is interested they can PM me and I'll send you the e-mails.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:42 am

Does it really matter if Chris played it or not? No.
But Chris is the kind of guy who would encourage someone to try what they are doing, in this case code and release a game.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
exosyphen
level2
level2

Postby exosyphen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:21 am

It's pretty normal to encourage fellow developers. I also do that most of the time :)

Return to “General”