Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

niksonpsi
level1
level1

some silly questions

Postby niksonpsi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:37 pm

here, behold my so-silly questions!

1) When you *destroy*(if you can and dont get caught) a Mainframe, would it "destroy" the company, or they'll raise it again?

2) Bouncing via different (let's say) 15 Public Access servers would slow down the trace, or it's just the same that bouncing via 15 random servers?

3) I've installed the monitor security hardware in my Gateway, and when I upgrade my hardware, it turns to red. That's normal? I mean, when Uplink gets close to your Gateway it doesn't turn red...

4) And this is the most silly of all: You control your gateway remotely?

hehe. excuse my *questions*
Kruiks
level0

Postby Kruiks » Tue May 01, 2007 4:02 pm

1) The company won't be destroyed, the mainframe will simply stay down for some time

2) I think there is a difference between systems; the more complicated the system is the longer it'll take to trace you. (So mainframes would take the longest time) Government systems are the most useful in this, it'll take a very long time (compared to other systems) to trace you them

3) Yes, It's normal. It's hard to updgrade your hardware without coming close to your computer, right? :P

4) Simply, yes.

Oh, and I don't think your questions were that silly :P
niksonpsi
level1
level1

Postby niksonpsi » Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm

hehe! Thank you!

and another one(s)
(spoiler)
1) I've already recieved Revelation 1.0, but I'm working for Arunmor and already sent them the Virus, should I delete it? or I can use it to infect other computers?

2) I don't know that is a bug or not, but: When I force a lock on a LAN, the sysAdmin starts to haunt me. When I disconnect my self from the lan and reconnect again the locks that I've forced are disabled. that's normal?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed May 02, 2007 5:55 am

1) You can use it for whatever you wish - you don't *need* to delete it.

2) That's how it's always worked for me.
Stormeagle13
level2
level2

Re: some silly questions

Postby Stormeagle13 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:58 pm

[quote="niksonpsi"]here, behold my so-silly questions!

3) I've installed the monitor security hardware in my Gateway, and when I upgrade my hardware, it turns to red. That's normal? I mean, when Uplink gets close to your Gateway it doesn't turn red...
[/quote]

yea that aways bugged me cuz the feds are usually right on my tail, sometimes u gotta just guess are they fixing the computer or are they going to arrest u(btw moniter is useless without the nuke)
It takes a noob to not know what noob means.

In Life There Is Death And In Death There Is Pizza!

Sometimes we all have to look in the mirror and say,"Who is that ugly *****"

Return to “General”