Game Over

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

chaz13
level0

Game Over

Postby chaz13 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:44 pm

Hey,

I was REALLY far through, and i got caught because of my little brother when i left the room. IS THERE ANY WAY WHATSOEVER TO GET MY USER BACK? Please people, i'm begging you! i can't afford to spend god knows how many hours getting back to where is was! PLEASE!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:43 pm

Get over it and start a new user. Seriously. Not that hard.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
ArekRashan
level0

Postby ArekRashan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:12 pm

No. There is no way to restore a disavowed Agent. Uplink uses a "do-or-die" or "ironman" style save system. When Uplink shows you a "Game Over" screen it has deleted all of the save data for that Agent.

In the future, you may want to make a backup of your save file any time you reach a point you might want to start over from.
Apa7HY
level1
level1

Postby Apa7HY » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 pm

ArekRashan wrote:No. There is no way to restore a disavowed Agent. Uplink uses a "do-or-die" or "ironman" style save system. When Uplink shows you a "Game Over" screen it has deleted all of the save data for that Agent.

In the future, you may want to make a backup of your save file any time you reach a point you might want to start over from.

Wrong. It does NOT delete save data.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:57 pm

It, does.
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
Anjow
level0

Postby Anjow » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:11 pm

It does...

The .usr file from a functioning healthy agent will have a filesize of ~1.2MB-1.5MB and when you get disavowed it will go down to ~500 bytes.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:20 pm

Apa7HY wrote:
ArekRashan wrote:No. There is no way to restore a disavowed Agent. Uplink uses a "do-or-die" or "ironman" style save system. When Uplink shows you a "Game Over" screen it has deleted all of the save data for that Agent.

Wrong. It does NOT delete save data.

Oh, please, PLEASE tell frenchfrog that he is wrong. Please? That would make my day!

Return to “General”