Help with losing the FBI [spoilers]

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Kazurik
level0

Help with losing the FBI [spoilers]

Postby Kazurik » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:02 am

Hey I know someone is going to say "have you tried the search feature" and no I havent. I have no idea what I would search for.

Either way my problem is that right after I get the darwin files from there lan I can not seem to get rid of the FBI. I copied the .usr files as I was getting sick of losing. I have tried deleting the logs at the lan and at the first node but still I always get caught. I have even tried uploading the Revolution virus to every computer and they still get me. What am i missing?!

Thanks for any help
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:16 am

Are you sure the backup file you made is clean i.e. you hadn't already be caught, since there is a delay between them catching you and you being told of your conviction? Have you tried logging into your account after its been disinvowed? It will tell you what company caught you.

Chances are that you either got actively traced at some point, your safe node was beyond the point where an active trace left off, or you failed to use v4 log_deleter to break your connection chain.

In the future, you could try also buying motion_sensors and gateway_self_destruct.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Ahtykk
level3
level3

Postby Ahtykk » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:54 am

have you tried the search feature?
..what? he did say that someone would say that, I'm not one to prove anybody wrong.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:54 am

Don't bother deleting the logs at the LAN, use internic as the first bounce point and delete the logs there, with V4 log deleter. Also, there is a hints and tips forum.
Kazurik
level0

re

Postby Kazurik » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:07 pm

I am pretty sure they never got an active trace off, and I always use a v4 log deleter, I delted all the logs at the lan and at InterNic. I have the motion sensor and self destruct but I dont really want to blow it up.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:20 pm

Its possible you're using a dirty usr i.e. its already been traced passively and any gameplay you get out of the backup usr is just the delay between completely the trace and making the conviction.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Darkangel123
level1
level1

Postby Darkangel123 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:33 am

Try activating your motion sensor, then speeding up time a little bit. If time slows back to normal and you see your motion sensor turn red, warning you of multiple entities nearby your gateway, you know you're about to be caught. Approximately... maybe... thirty seconds after it turns red, you will be disavowed by Uplink. Do this twice - once, just simply activating the motion sensor and speeding up time, and the second time, go into your safenode and delete the route logs, then speed time again, etc. etc. So you know, you should ONLY delete the route logs. If you delete... well, pretty much anything else, they'll get'cha. Make sure you're ONLY deleting the route logs, or you'll get in trouble. Hope this helped, even though I somehow doubt it will. I've never been very helpful.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:26 am

First off, please note that the last comment in this thread above your own was made over a year ago. You have bumped a very old thread. Unless you have something of cosmic importance to say, that is not something that is approved of. Don't bump old threads.

Second off, you are incorrect in your assertion that deleting things other than bounce logs will get you caught. You can delete any log you want. As long as you delete your bounce logs, you will be fine.

Return to “General”