Uplink sucks

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Dark Fury
level0

Uplink sucks

Postby Dark Fury » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:46 am

just purchased Uplink through steam and i can't even play the game. trying to run it and it crashes each and every time. uninstalled and reinstalled three times and STILL having the same problem. i want a damn refund, $9.95 for a game i can't even play is crap.
Immortius
level1
level1

Postby Immortius » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:41 am

Reinstallation isn't a cure-all, you know.

Besides, if you look in the bug reporting forum the issue is being investigated and there is a temporary fix that might let you play in the meantime.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:13 pm

Dark Fury,

All is not lost :) We are actively supporting Uplink. Post in the bug reports forum, with a topic (Uplink STEAM) and we'll make all reasonable efforts to get the game running on your machine.

Cheers

John
Dark Fury
level0

Postby Dark Fury » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:05 pm

actually, Immortius managed to help me out on that with his quick fix. for the moment, it's working well for me to be able to play. sorry 'bout the quick setoff, but i'd been up all night drinking :P
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:15 pm

Sure blame it on the alcohol... everyone blames the alchohol. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it doesn't change you or how you feel it just breaks down your walls and allows you to reveal the true you without any limits. Trust me I know.... :oops:

But anyways... I hope you like the game and try not to play while drunk
I wasn't here.
submarinex1
level0

Postby submarinex1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 am

always better to check first stops you looking stupid when someone points out its your machine.

Return to “General”