Nintendo's take on uplink??

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Dimension Jump
level1
level1

Postby Dimension Jump » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:37 pm

I'll actually be picking that game up the Saturday after it's released. Getting Japanese games is one thing I can do easily. It's just a short ride to the store. =)

Of course, if you can't read Japanese, then this game will not be of any real fun to you as you won't be able to follow the story or even pick up on some of the clues. It's basically a detective game based around hacking and "cyber" crime. But it's from the other side of the fence as it were, to that of Uplink.

Now if only importing Western games to Japan was easy =(
FTR123
level2
level2

Postby FTR123 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:55 pm

no wonder. somehow i got my hands on a version of uplink that is in .bin format it said i had to emule before i play the game. the whole game is three files. two .bins and one .nfo.

That's cool.

:)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:30 am

So you're admitting to getting a warez copy of the game?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Hacker101
level3
level3

Postby Hacker101 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:43 pm

FTR123 wrote:no wonder. somehow i got my hands on a version of uplink that is in .bin format it said i had to emule before i play the game. the whole game is three files. two .bins and one .nfo.

That's cool.

:O NEVER admit that you have the warez copy of Uplink, and that is NOT cool.

C'mon, $30 isn't that bad... Especially for an awesome game like Uplink :D
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:25 am

FTR123 wrote:no wonder. somehow i got my hands on a version of uplink that is in .bin format it said i had to emule before i play the game. the whole game is three files. two .bins and one .nfo.

That's fucking stupid as hell, and I'm a dumbshit for admitting to having a warezed copy..

<slap>

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Hacker101
level3
level3

Postby Hacker101 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:32 am

Babylon5 wrote:

That's fucking stupid as hell, and I'm a dumbshit for admitting to having a warezed copy..

<slap>

LOL, I see the humor in that. :lol:
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:26 am

Hacker101 wrote:
Babylon5 wrote:

<slap>

LOL, I see the humor in that. :lol:

Thankyou kind sir.

Dimension Jump
level1
level1

Postby Dimension Jump » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:25 am

no wonder. somehow i got my hands on a version of uplink that is in .bin format it said i had to emule before i play the game. the whole game is three files. two .bins and one .nfo.

That's cool.

But that's not importing, that's theft. And I'd rather actually buy my games than steal the product of other people's hard work.
hygraed
level0

Re: Nintendo's take on uplink??

Postby hygraed » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:08 am

xyzyxx wrote:The game seems to focus on tracking down criminals, rather then being one.

Well, that's no fun.
Steeds
level2
level2

Postby Steeds » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:22 pm

hygraed wrote:
xyzyxx wrote:The game seems to focus on tracking down criminals, rather then being one.

Well, that's no fun.

You've obviously have missed the Ghost in the shell:stand alone complex tv series and every other TV Cop show ever made. Except for Murder she wrote, in that your best friend/cousin/best friends cousin ends up dead by the end of the show.
"If god had meant us not to wear clothes, we would be born naked...."
Leetkey for all your firefox L3375p34k requirements
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:54 am

Steeds wrote:You've obviously have missed the Ghost in the shell:stand alone complex tv series and every other TV Cop show ever made. Except for Murder she wrote, in that your best friend/cousin/best friends cousin ends up dead by the end of the show.

Those examples don't quite work since you're comparing a TV genre with a game genre. I mean, I like Grand Turismo but hate watching F1 racing.

Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:57 am

Montyphy wrote:
Steeds wrote:You've obviously have missed the Ghost in the shell:stand alone complex tv series and every other TV Cop show ever made. Except for Murder she wrote, in that your best friend/cousin/best friends cousin ends up dead by the end of the show.

Those examples don't quite work since you're comparing a TV genre with a game genre. I mean, I like Grand Turismo but hate watching F1 racing.

Then that's just your feelings about a certain genre.

I mean, do you like programs like Star Trek and Farscape? If you do, then it's likely you would be interested in games like Eve.

FTR123
level2
level2

Postby FTR123 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am

Ouch no slapping

Since when did i say that i warez the game. man u ppl just jump into conclusions.

So is illegal no matter how u get it. unless u pay someone right?

I just said i got my hands on it that's all :p
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:59 am

You didn't explicitly have to say you warezd the game. The game doesn't arrive to you in .bin or .cue format, which means someone ripped it. The way you said, "i got my hands on it" only goes to show that you weren't the one who ripped it, especially since you claimed that you didn't know what to do with files in that format. Therefore, you obtained a warez copy which you either downloaded or had a friend give you one.

Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:21 am

Montyphy wrote:You didn't explicitly have to say you warezd the game. The game doesn't arrive to you in .bin or .cue format, which means someone ripped it. The way you said, "i got my hands on it" only goes to show that you weren't the one who ripped it, especially since you claimed that you didn't know what to do with files in that format. Therefore, you obtained a warez copy which you either downloaded or had a friend give you one.

Friend?

Return to “General”