My homemade Uplink wallpaper v2 Green And Blue

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

AciD
level1
level1

Postby AciD » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Rkiver wrote:Frate may be your friend, but Frate fucked up. Since he is your friend, we class you in the same boat as him, ie an idiot, hence my previous comment of "Lie with dogs, get up with fleas". Now you are the one who started hurling abuse at coolsi, while he merely pointed out that he did not believe you, as in the past we have had plenty of people claim "It's just my friend".

NeoThermic banned your "friend" from here multiple times, and cut off the IP too, you don't like it, tough. But stirring more shit like you are doing has you heading out of here rather quickly, on here those vets tend to be afforded more general respect, as they are around longer and have earned such respect. You have earned nothing, bar being laughed at in the IRC channel, for the most part. Now the sensible thing would for you to lie low for a week, not post, come back, and pretend this never happened.

Personally I'd just ban you, but then again I am a bit of an asshole.

I really approciate that last part, and I personally, as I said, do not want to argue anymore. As soon as I get a confession from coolsi that he was wrong about me = frate, I will stop this whole discussion (and would like to have this thread cleaned from offtopics including this whole stupid discussin), and then we are at peace. Deal? Oh, and I am very glad you realize banning because of arguing is being an asshole. Not too many mods around the net understands that...
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:00 pm

You still haven't convinced me that you're not Frate, but I can't really be bothered anyway.
Last edited by coolsi on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nakatomi is coming
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:03 pm

You've two chances about getting a confession (actually I think the word you are looking for is an apology) from coolsi about this. Slim and none.

As for banning you making me an asshole, I think you misunderstand, I am the evil asshole on here already, banning you would not change that in the slightest. Hell I'd ban you just for being a friend of Frate, and all this crap that you've posted since the whole debacle started. You're an idiot in my opinion, your level of pleading with coolsi is pathetic, and to be honest you are nothing but a brief diversion from an otherwise quiet day in work. But as coolsi said there is no point anymore. This whole thing has lost any humour it originally had. I'll just class you with beno and get on with things.

Also the pm you sent coolsi, quoted from the IRC channel

<coolsi> Please realize that I am not Frate. I don´t want any fight, I want peace. I am fuckin breaking apart. So could you please understand so we can both end this?

Breaking apart over a little forum arguement, aww the poor puppy. You find this stressful enough to "break apart" over you stand no chance in the real world. Perhaps going offline is the best thing you can do.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:12 pm

Don't know if you have seen this Frate, but here you go.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:14 pm

Ah yes, was wondering how long it would take for someone to link to that.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Heh, haven't seen that before. Pretty amusing!
Nakatomi is coming
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Seriously? I've always considered it a classic to shut people up who "break apart" over an arguement on a forum, or think they have freedom of speech online. I still read it now and again to have a laugh also.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:27 pm

Definately, it's all true.
Nakatomi is coming
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:29 pm

I think its missing a 20th rule, "Don't piss off the admin(s)".

NeoThermic
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:30 pm

For Acid's sake, the most important rule;

Never insult someone who's been active in any group longer than you have. You may as well paint a damn target on your back.
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:24 pm

I dont see anything wrong with frate's post... It might have lacked a little politeness but it was helpful as constructive critisism. I mean, when doing a wallpaper that has some text in it using photoshop, blending effects can only make things look better.

It's funny that while AciD took it well, you guys took it as some kind of a personal insult... Furthermore, even after you realized that AciD has no problem with frate's post, you started comming down on AciD for no apparent reason :\

N0ught,

Fancy programs with lots of tools may make up for some lack of talent - but not much, as we can see from your image.

that's bull and you know it.
meow
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:17 pm

ToRmEnToR wrote:I dont see anything wrong with frate's post... It might have lacked a little politeness but it was helpful as constructive critisism. I mean, when doing a wallpaper that has some text in it using photoshop, blending effects can only make things look better.

It's funny that while AciD took it well, you guys took it as some kind of a personal insult... Furthermore, even after you realized that AciD has no problem with frate's post, you started comming down on AciD for no apparent reason :\

I think it's more the fact the Frate spammed the forums and 'AciD' just happens to have the same IP address
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:32 pm

Yeah, it's all a coincidence :/

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:24 pm

ToRmEnToR: It would help if you knew the whole story, you don't, and in this case you come out looking rather silly.

Frate and AciD had the same IP, NeoThermic confirmed it. Frate had been spamming the forums all over the place, NeoThermic was clearing up quite a lot of his posts. coolsi did not, does not, or just doesn't care at this stage, but he felt that Frate and AciD were the same person, and he wasn't the only one. Still I tend to class people by the company they keep. Frate's a fucking idiot, you can work the rest out for yourself, and from reading the posts you can see AciD is not much better.
AciD
level1
level1

Postby AciD » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:38 am

Rkiver wrote:ToRmEnToR: It would help if you knew the whole story, you don't, and in this case you come out looking rather silly.

Frate and AciD had the same IP, NeoThermic confirmed it. Frate had been spamming the forums all over the place, NeoThermic was clearing up quite a lot of his posts. coolsi did not, does not, or just doesn't care at this stage, but he felt that Frate and AciD were the same person, and he wasn't the only one. Still I tend to class people by the company they keep. Frate's a fucking idiot, you can work the rest out for yourself, and from reading the posts you can see AciD is not much better.

OK, I don´t really mind if you think of me as an idiot. I really don´t care, people have rights to think their way (And as I said I am so tired of this whole stupid discussion anyway). But could we now please return to topic, either by spliting this discussion to a new thread or by deleting it? I just wonder.

Return to “General”