My homemade Uplink wallpaper v2 Green And Blue

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

AciD
level1
level1

My homemade Uplink wallpaper v2 Green And Blue

Postby AciD » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:43 pm

So, what do you think? Any suggestions on how to make it better?
I AM pretty much of a noob with photoshop, so the Matrix background isn´t the best. Altough it was a try, and now I would like feedback on it.

EDIT 11.21 GMT+1 THE 5th OF JUNE: Added A "uplinkish-blue" version. Please feedback on it too.
Last edited by AciD on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:13 pm

I'm gonna crack down on the Matrix-ish background a bit.
Not because it's badly done, but because it's teh fukcign matricks.
UPLINK IS NOT MATRIX.

Otherwise it's kinda cool.
I like the text in the middle.
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:07 am

Very well done. It projects the perfect "dark sci-fi" atmosphere for destroying a computer system - the matrix cyberspace background adds a contemporary cyberpunk feel to the overall picture.

Two thumbs up. :D

And just as a note: Uplink is not Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex either. ;)
AciD
level1
level1

Postby AciD » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:34 am

Thank you for the feedback, and I am glad you liked it. About the matrix background: EDIT: Made a blue edition too, like it?

About Uplink not being Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex:
Sadly I can´t understand that, considering I have not watched GitS:SAC, or any Ghost in the Shell at all actually XD.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep voting/posting so I can make this little piece of half-an-hour project :D
Frate
level1
level1

Postby Frate » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:44 am

Spend some time before doing something again.
First, it took you like 4 minutes for the text. Max. You didn't even use blending; or any other kind of effects. This whole image is just... Well, it could be done in paint, to be honest.
Then also, you didn't follow the whole tutorial for the matrix style background. Look at my result, which I SPENT TIME ON (Yes, it's not DONE yet, I know it will be better when it's done)

So, here's the tips:

1. Use some effects, plain text is boring.
2. Do THE WHOLE TUTORIAL OF THE MATRIX TEXT!
3. The blue one is too dark. You could do it lighter. At least the background.

EDIT : I found a couple of errors in my image, but as i said, it's not done yet.

EDIT2 : The image idea was great by the way, just that it needs some more "features"
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:47 pm

Frate: In my opinion, your image looks like crap. Not to mention it has nothing to do with Uplink. You even used a matrix font. I have done some of my best art with nothing but Paint and the photo program that came with my $20 digicrapcam. Fancy programs with lots of tools may make up for some lack of talent - but not much, as we can see from your image. :lol:

AciD: I like the green one better. The blue is a little dark. Oh, and pay no attention to the negativity around here. It seems to come with the territory. Like sand in your boots...
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:13 pm

Frate wrote:Spend some time before doing something again.
First, it took you like 4 minutes for the text. Max. You didn't even use blending; or any other kind of effects. This whole image is just... Well, it could be done in paint, to be honest.
Then also, you didn't follow the whole tutorial for the matrix style background. Look at my result, which I SPENT TIME ON (Yes, it's not DONE yet, I know it will be better when it's done)

I preferred the original pictures.
Frate
level1
level1

Postby Frate » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:01 pm

N0ught wrote:Frate: In my opinion, your image looks like crap. Not to mention it has nothing to do with Uplink. You even used a matrix font. I have done some of my best art with nothing but Paint and the photo program that came with my $20 digicrapcam. Fancy programs with lots of tools may make up for some lack of talent - but not much, as we can see from your image. :lol:

AciD: I like the green one better. The blue is a little dark. Oh, and pay no attention to the negativity around here. It seems to come with the territory. Like sand in your boots...

Oh, PLEASE read my whole post.
The FONT is Courier New.
The IMAGE is not done yet. I never said it had anything to do with uplink. And; it was just to make AciD have a point, that you have to read through the WHOLE tutorial.
Also, i never said anything that paint is bad. I just said it looked like it. Thanks for your unneeded opinion, now go hang yourself.

By the way...
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:28 pm

It could be said that your original post was also an unneeded opinion. And what the hell is that picture supposed to be? All I know is that it looks shit.
Frate
level1
level1

Postby Frate » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:45 pm

coolsi wrote:It could be said that your original post was also an unneeded opinion. And what the hell is that picture supposed to be? All I know is that it looks shit.

Frate wrote:So, here's the tips:

Oh, the ignorance factor of some people...
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:27 pm

coolsi wrote:It could be said that your original post was also an unneeded opinion. And what the hell is that picture supposed to be? All I know is that it looks shit.

Exactly.

Also, the original pictures in this thread were actually fine. Except I have teh mega screen and they're too small for it.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:49 pm

My name is not N0guht. :lol:
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Frate wrote:

I'm sorry, are you too stupid to understand what I said?

Let me explain it for your little mind.

N0ught gave a negative opinion on your 'art'. You said that opinion was unneeded. But surely that makes your negative opinion on the OP's art unneeded as well?

I just think you can't face that you're not actually very good at the whole Photoshop business. Go find something a bit better to do, like preschool.
AciD
level1
level1

Postby AciD » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 am

coolsi wrote:
Frate wrote:

I'm sorry, are you too stupid to understand what I said?

Let me explain it for your little mind.

N0ught gave a negative opinion on your 'art'. You said that opinion was unneeded. But surely that makes your negative opinion on the OP's art unneeded as well?

I just think you can't face that you're not actually very good at the whole Photoshop business. Go find something a bit better to do, like preschool.

The difference is that he gave constructive criticism, and that the picture he posted was just to show how my Matrix Text would look like if I did the whole tutorial, while N0ught directly assumed that he meant something bad.
Frate
level1
level1

Postby Frate » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:30 am

<Removed>

Return to “General”