Ive lost the insert booklet with all the serial codes!!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:08 am

Icepick wrote:What good will that do?

I asked Chris at the Darwinia Launch Party what the official policy is on lost codecards and he said that that's what to tell people to do!
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:45 pm

I think he knows that, considering he IS Chris and all! :wink: :wink:
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Sylph-DS wrote:Actually there would probably be nothing illegal about downloading and using a pirated version, if you have the real version. The same as with music, I think.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it would still be illegal. To go back to Darksun's example, if I buy a Ferrari, does that give me the right to steal another one?

A better example comes from my friend, who will buy music from the iTunes music store, but then download it illegally to use in Final Cut Pro. He justifies this by saying that he paid for it, but I tell him that the reason he can't use the iTunes copy in Final Cut Pro is because he only paid 99 cents, which does not allow him to do certain things with it.
WarlockD
level1
level1

Postby WarlockD » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Now I bought the game, and waiting for the CD to come in the mail. Being its in the UK it will take a while.

Now I GOT an old key card sheet and know where to get the iligit. But I was wondering where in the website, after you buy it and download it online, you can get it?
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:33 am

I do believe downloading material that you already own is considered fair use. Try not to get scurvy while rubbing elbows with the pirates.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:33 am

Sylph-DS wrote:Do you really reckon they would have the keycard come in a seperate download package? There's no reason why it should.

They might, how is he supposed to know?

Go and grow some manners, noob.
Frate
level1
level1

Postby Frate » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:47 am

PM me and i might be able to help you. I lost it before, but i found it. "found"
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:55 pm

Are you sure it is missing? It IS black plastic just like the inside of the CD case...

Just a shot in the dark here. :D

BTW, when you find it again, or get another one, make several photocopies and stash them as backups. You can never be too careful. Better yet, stash the original, and use a photocopy.

(Yes, you CAN photocopy the black-on-black original Uplink code card with a photocopier, if you know how to set the contrast. You wind up with light gray text on a dark gray background, and it is plenty legible.)
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:33 pm

Frate wrote:PM me and i might be able to help you. I lost it before, but i found it. "found"

Don't be an idiot.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “General”