Us Old Vets Coming Back.

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

TheXWolf
level2
level2

Us Old Vets Coming Back.

Postby TheXWolf » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:19 pm

It's been way too long that I've been gone and I decided to come back to the forums and say hello to all my old buds and gamers. I still play Uplink to this day...although it's mostly when the WoW servers have taken a dump, but I still do. Anyone else take a break recently, from the forums anyway? :o
Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun. - P.J. Rourke
Icecoolwarrior
level2
level2

Postby Icecoolwarrior » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:58 pm

Strange that this thread should pop up a few days after I started visiting these forums again.

I now live in Uni halls on a floor with 15 other (great) people. This semester I've gotten two of them to buy their own copies of Uplink, and since then I've had nothing but complaints from them as they aren't getting enough sleep anymore.

It's nice to have rediscovered Uplink. I suppose me playing it again lately is due to the increased publicity Introversion is getting; in this month's Edge there's about three pages dedicated to them (Two on an interview with Chris, one on Defcon)

Another thing that's keeping me entertained is my new phone (O2 XDA Mini S), which runs Windows Pocket PC. Lately I've been hacking out a network based Uplink client which runs on the phone to show things like traces and the network analysis HUD when connected to an Uplink server (Having the Developer CD definently helps!)

Not seeing many familiar faces around (elDiablo, Icepick, PunisherBass...where are you all?!) although I'm definently seeing a few.

Good to be back!
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:39 pm

So... who are you two?
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:22 pm

YES! Stephanie is gone!

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:57 pm

Nice to see you guys back. I too have tried to visit the forums a bit more recently.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:49 pm

I've been gone for about two or three months also. Starting reading again less than a week ago, heh.
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:31 pm

It's been way too long since we had a pointless vet thread. After all, the last one was almost... oh, three months ago.

The first person to utter the words "true" and "vet" in the same sentance dies a horrible death.

Don't believe me? Try it.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:39 pm

It's true - my cat is dead, the vet said so.
TheXWolf
level2
level2

Familiar Faces...

Postby TheXWolf » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Not seeing many familiar faces around (elDiablo, Icepick, PunisherBass...where are you all?!) although I'm definently seeing a few.

Ya, I know. I see a couple of us old schoolers...but not enough.
To answer your question ScareyedHawk, there are a few of us who dedicate most of our free time to both playing and modding this game. (Not to mention once the Dev CD broke loose, all hell came with it.) There was a small group of us who posted all over the place, got PMs out the a...er...ears and was always here, and have been here a while...long, while. Oh, ya...elDiablo, Icepick, PunisherBass...where are you all?! I noticed BurntMonkey boy around a bit, but rarely, another known name I miss.

ROFL
It's true - my cat is dead, the vet said so.
You are such a $mart@$$! Good job! :o Good to see you back! :twisted:
Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun. - P.J. Rourke
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:15 pm

doormat wrote:It's been way too long since we had a pointless vet thread. After all, the last one was almost... oh, three months ago.
The day of reckoning will soon be upon us! When the planets are aligned and all the members have returned, the Lord Chris shall come down, and tell each other to hurl nukes at each other!

[/blatant Defcon plug of tr00th]
TimTim
level4
level4

Postby TimTim » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:37 pm

We'll restore the forum to its previous mightly glory...
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:05 pm

Nuclear war beckons, dare you press the button.

To you returning oldtimers, Icepick is still here, except he now works for IV helping develop their next game.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:29 pm

Aye. We need to rule these forums again. Possibly a team building event of type... although I'm not sure what.

NeoThermic
D3adKl0wn
level2
level2

Postby D3adKl0wn » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:07 pm

well, i'm not so much a vet, but i've only recently returned here, mostly due to the fact that i've just started playing uplink again... and i did notice that most of the old regulars were MIA...
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:13 pm

Punisher bass was posting a while back.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “General”