designing a new game

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

coblet
level0

designing a new game

Postby coblet » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:23 pm

Hello i love uplink. i apsolutly love it. but i was thinking about a game that could be made that was mixed between the matrix, uplink and GTA. now that would be an amazing contrast. i need to speak to a professional company about this game because i want this to be one thing i can try and put into action. Would you be interested in this kind of development, or if not, can u point me in a direction of some other company that may be interested. thank you.

Coblet
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:58 pm

Wow. How original. It must have taken all three of your brain cells to think up this incredibly thoughtful and professional-sounding game proposal.

I'm sorry to whoever if that was too insulting, but it was necessary. Listen, coblet, do you think you're the first person to come up with a game idea? Don't you think that the gaming companies hire people who do this for a living? Especially one so unoriginal--The Matrix, GTA, and uplink combined--wow. OMG WUDNT IT B 4WS0ME 2 HAV A GAME WHERE YOU CAN KILL, MAKE CRAPPY HOLLYWOOD MOVIES, AND L33T H4X, AT THE SAME TIME!!! OMGOMGOMG
coblet
level0

Postby coblet » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:23 pm

u fucking arsehole. if so many people have thought of it why dont i see it out there being played. u really need to stop flaming or u will combust. u dont need to send me capital letters or i will reply in bold red letters. ooooooo. hows that u fucking arsehole. jeese. u cant even take it easy. it was just a fucking request. u have no idea what ive got in store. u dont even know who i am do u. well i hope u never do. u woudnt like it.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:00 pm

u use u 2 much
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:24 pm

coblet a.k.a. That Dumb Guy wrote:u dont even know who i am do u. well i hope u never do. u woudnt like it.

In case you couldn't tell, I don't like you anyway.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:36 am

While he could certainly work on his language skills and this is not the most original idea ever, it would still be a fun game. Too bad I don't know that anyone will make it anytime soon. :)
pjdz4t
level0

Postby pjdz4t » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:43 am

Yes, much as I would like to agree with you on that one, coblet, most game developement companies are in the biz to design their own games or usually just to get a lot of money. It would be a fun game, but in the game industry, if you ever get into it, you are there to design the game THEY want, not what you want.

It is never that you see someone design a game he wants to unless he either have a huge company under him or maybe has a grasp on programming languages. Even then, the games don't turn out as they are wanted.

Game companies want money, not innovation(not so with IV, however).
My love for you is like diarrhea: I just can't hold it in!
Miles2397
level4
level4

Postby Miles2397 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:57 am

**Historical Post Overwritten**
Last edited by Miles2397 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:46 am

OMG WUDNT IT B 4WS0ME 2 HAV A GAME WHERE YOU CAN KILL, MAKE CRAPPY HOLLYWOOD MOVIES, AND L33T H4X, AT THE SAME TIME!!! OMGOMGOMG

You obviously don't know much about the Matrix. I am still trying to understand all it's hidden philosophy, and theology. All three of them are master-piece's and do not need to be mocked by some jerk-off who can't understand them
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:48 am

Well the original Matrix was good, the last two were rather uninspired. In any event none of the philosophy is beyond 1st year university stuff. :)
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:51 am

Well... I'm 18 and just gradded. Therefore, not past 1st year university :P
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:48 pm

Nice to see how much stuff I'm missing out on...
Here is an ASCII representation of coblet for your viewing "pleasure"

(_o_)
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Deepsmeg wrote:
(_o_)

Its a train right? Without the smoke stack? :P

:roll:
coblet
level0

Postby coblet » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:21 pm

Yes! its a train. and to the guy that did that this is urs. ( . )( . ) . its u u boobs. and i am a programmer. but why every one gang up against me when i ask if a game cud be developed. u cud always just say its for the companys. and not be all sarcastic. and how do u no u dont like me? u dont even know me. prove to me u know me and ill accept it.
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:25 pm

I didn't help gang up on you. My comment was for the idiot who thinks the matrix is a lame hollywood production. If anything, the first one was closer to an independent film with a rather large budget. The first Matrix cost just over a million, while still delivering incredible effects, acting, and an amazing script. The next two just wrapped up the story that the first one couldn't cover

Return to “General”