uplink reg codes

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:17 pm

Oh good grief.

We don't give codecards out because it would be dumb. It would defeat the whole fuction of codecards.

If you truly can't understand that then you are also dumb. That is not flaming, that is a statement of cold, hard, fact.

However, I suspect that you are not dumb. I suspect that you understand perfectly well why we didn't answer your question, why you shouldn't have asked it, and I suspect that you understand perfectly well what a hosted forum is. I suspect that you are simply looking for an argument and trying to make everyone irrate.

That makes you a troll.

But we're a friendly bunch. Welcome anyhow. (Now I think of it, has anyone seen banker recently?)
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:15 pm

I went into a bank about 4 days ago...
That count? :P
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:58 pm

Thats true, I aint seen him aaages :?

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
FTR123
level2
level2

Postby FTR123 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:58 am

I would say that, why do you have to hurt someone else that says that he lost the codecard. why not just tell him that you are sorry and can´t give him the codecard for security reasons. don´t have to nearly kill him.
Go Visit My first Website
www.freewebs.com/dolphin_2
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:50 am

Er, that is what we tell people, but then they just keep asking.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:01 pm

And besides it's so much more fun to make them feel stupid after the first no and they keep asking.

I mean, seriously, I have never seen a thread in this forum where in the first 2-5 replies the question is answered. Most often, it's true, the first one is filled with the whole "use the search button" routine because most newbs who post don't bother looking and wish to be spoon-fed everything. That's not going to happen here at least by most vets, that's when in the next couple of posts, someone else who either just started, or hasn't been around all that long gives them the answer. Most of the time it's right, but it's hilarious when they give out the wrong information....

Anyways, Stews makes a very good, and very long, point (as he always does) most of the people here actually want to help, that's why they're here. If noone wanted to help the new people there would be far fewer posts and a lot of unanswered questions. I know there are people here that all they do is flame but hey, we're human, there's no way to avoid having that anywhere.

So all I can say is if the post is legible, something that won't be answered in the first search result, and not in the faq, we'll gladly answer it. Though there is one person in this forum that I love reading his replies. Rkiver has a habit of not answering questions most of the time, he provides a link to the thread that has the answer and leaves it at that, again not spoon-feeding newbs making them actually learn by finding for themselves. I have experienced this many times from him and I thank him for it.

And that's my two cents...
I wasn't here.

Return to “General”