Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

To all forum users! Important!

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:59 pm

Hello all,

This is a formal announcement on behalf of Introversion software, and also a small warning :)

On the 29th of November (i.e. in 21 days time as of this post), we will be merging the Uplink and Darwinia user databases. What this means is that you'll have a unified profile to use over both boards, and will allow Introversion the ability to create more forums, of which you'll then automatically be a part.

Thus we have a request. If you hold an account on both the Uplink and Darwinia forums, we request that you make an attempt to synchronise your user information. You will need to make your e-mail and/or password the same for both accounts on each forum. If the e-mail or password differs between the two forums, it will make it harder (and thus take longer) for us to merge the accounts.

I would also like to forewarn you that this means that both the Uplink and Darwinia forums will be down for most, if not all, of the 29th.

I thank you for your time.

NeoThermic
Last edited by NeoThermic on Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:04 pm

Interesting...

What if you hold different usernames? I do, and wish I didn't :?

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:07 pm

Babylon5 wrote:Interesting...

What if you hold different usernames? I do, and wish I didn't :?

If you provide the usernames of the accounts of yours, and which username you would rather have (assuming its free), the two accounts can be merged.

NeoThermic
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:09 pm

Which colour schemes are gunna be used? Cos the Darwinia one is ewww, and is one of the main reasons why I don't frequent it. That, and the user base is different, and in my opinion, worse.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:11 pm

AgentX 24 wrote:Which colour schemes are gunna be used? Cos the Darwinia one is ewww, and is one of the main reasons why I don't frequent it. That, and the user base is different, and in my opinion, worse.

Both forums will keep their current skins.

NeoThermic
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:11 pm

Well i kinda have a problem, the Darwinia forum won't let me log in and when i try to get my password the email / username isn't reconized -if Chris or whoever could contact me please here ?
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:12 pm

Bartaci, and *surprisingly* Babylon5.

Want me to e-mail it?

Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm glad IV is finally getting around to this. :)
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:47 pm

AgentX 24 wrote:Which colour schemes are gunna be used? Cos the Darwinia one is ewww, and is one of the main reasons why I don't frequent it. That, and the user base is different, and in my opinion, worse.

Amen.
Blasted heath
the.web.hermit
level1
level1

Postby the.web.hermit » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:13 pm

Hmm... I can smell a flame war already. Old gits vs. the new generation. :wink:
-Understand that the internet is almost devoid of intelligent life. That's the reason for my name.

"God is Dead."- Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is Dead"- God
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:44 am

I hold an account on the Darwinia forums, but don't visit them because, well, I don't like them. They're horrid.

Hell, I hardly visit this place any more.
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:35 am

My email and password match, on both forums :P
And yes, my username too! Except on here my username is xMs, and
on darwinia forums its xms.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:09 pm

Flamekebab wrote:I hold an account on the Darwinia forums, but don't visit them because, well, I don't like them. They're horrid.

Ditto

Some forums i just dont like.

Dezmond
level4
level4

Postby Dezmond » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:53 pm

All I can say is bring it on really. We might get some new faces for these old folders at last... remember that even though the forums will be merged into a single forum that they will still have different sections so we won't have to put up with too many darwinians here...

Since this is taking place anyway (though it probably should have been done when Darwinia was released, but we move on) I'm also thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong about this) that this would be a good time to erase old posts from years back... is this what you boys in Introversion are thinking too?

But yeah, on the whole, I'm supportive of the whole thing, though they should add a new, neutral skin for the forums entitled 'Introversion' which would be the default. Just my thoughts. :roll:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Dman wrote:All I can say is bring it on really. We might get some new faces for these old folders at last... remember that even though the forums will be merged into a single forum that they will still have different sections so we won't have to put up with too many darwinians here...

Since this is taking place anyway (though it probably should have been done when Darwinia was released, but we move on) I'm also thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong about this) that this would be a good time to erase old posts from years back... is this what you boys in Introversion are thinking too?

But yeah, on the whole, I'm supportive of the whole thing, though they should add a new, neutral skin for the forums entitled 'Introversion' which would be the default. Just my thoughts. :roll:

We are merging just the user database, not the whole forums. If we were doing the whole forums, it would of been done by now :)

NeoThermic

Return to “General”