Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

the.web.hermit
level1
level1

Jack Thompson- A modest proposal

Postby the.web.hermit » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:34 pm

Check this out.

Then take a look at this.

I would make a witty and sarcastic comment which would reveal the man as the moron that he is, but this speaks for itself.

Anybody here fancy some hot coffee?
Last edited by the.web.hermit on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Understand that the internet is almost devoid of intelligent life. That's the reason for my name.

"God is Dead."- Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is Dead"- God
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:04 pm

I don't like coffee. I tried some a few days ago. Not my style.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:59 pm

Me neither.

I dont like tea, much, either :P

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:00 pm

Muppet.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:07 pm

Me, or Jack Thompson? :P

Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:30 pm

Here's an idea for a video game, complete with a background story:

The religious "right" succeeds in having video games banned. The player would be a pissed-off gamer who decares his own "holy war" against them and arms himself with a 2000-page Unix manual. The object would be for the gamer to hunt down the right-wing nutcases and use his Unix manual to beat some sense into them. If the nutcase dies, the player gets nothing, but if he succeeds, he can get special stuff like support from the civilians who can beat even more sense into the nutcases, the power to scare some sense into the right-wing without needing the manual, or an even thicker manual. Of course, he would have to deal with the right-wing cronies like preachers, parents, police, and politicians.
Kid Shenck
level2
level2

Postby Kid Shenck » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:18 pm

Here's the proposal.

I think it would be hilarious if Paul Eibeler sued Jack Thompson for threatening his life.

Anyway, this is the same guy who said that The Sims 2 has much worse content than San Andreas because sims take their clothes off. Sim kids can do it, too, "much to the delight, one can be sure, of pedophiles around the globe who can rehearse, in virtual reality, for their abuse." Link

Not related to games, but this is another Jack Thompson quote that I so adore. From the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel:

"The Bible doesn't promote killing innocent people," Thompson said. "Grand Theft Auto does. Islam does." (...) "Islam promotes the killing of innocent people," Thompson said. "The Quran requires the infidel, whether Jew or Christian, to be killed. That's a core essence of the religion. Muhammad was a pirate who killed infidels and who advocated the killing of infidels. Not a nice guy. Osama bin Laden is in keeping with his fine tradition."

God bless the first amendment. Jackassery is so poetic.
Kid Shenck
Check your local listings.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:39 pm

You have to laugh, really....

Linker
level3
level3

Postby Linker » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:59 am

You should change the second link to the archives - a new comic is showing up now.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:02 pm

Lancelot from the CAD forums apparently created this:

Delacroix
level1
level1

Postby Delacroix » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:26 pm

Mr. Roboto wrote:Here's an idea for a video game, complete with a background story:

The religious "right" succeeds in having video games banned. The player would be a pissed-off gamer who decares his own "holy war" against them and arms himself with a 2000-page Unix manual. The object would be for the gamer to hunt down the right-wing nutcases and use his Unix manual to beat some sense into them. If the nutcase dies, the player gets nothing, but if he succeeds, he can get special stuff like support from the civilians who can beat even more sense into the nutcases, the power to scare some sense into the right-wing without needing the manual, or an even thicker manual. Of course, he would have to deal with the right-wing cronies like preachers, parents, police, and politicians.

Funnily enough, in the US it seems that politicians who have come to speak out against video games includes many Democrats. Hillary Clinton at the foremost, if I remember correctly.

As an evil, religion-crazed right wing zealot myself, I can proudly say I quite enjoy violent video games...
barenone
level0

Postby barenone » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:56 am

ok my 2 cents on all this game violance bs. first off 20 bucks says that they kids that said video games make me do it are just saying that as an excuse.

2)if there were no video games then people would still be killing people with bats.

3)people like o.k. are proof its bs i dought he ever played a game in his life and look at the killing spree he had.

well thats my 2 cents.
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Delacroix wrote:Funnily enough, in the US it seems that politicians who have come to speak out against video games includes many Democrats. Hillary Clinton at the foremost, if I remember correctly.

That's true, but she's one of the few Democrats. She is not a real Democrat, she is a sleazy politician who will do whatever she needs to to get elected. She has no principles and no values, or, if she does, she is all too willing to compromise them to get a few votes.

It's quite obvious that she's doing that to gear up for a presidential run in '08, but I doubt she'll win the nomination.

Return to “General”