question

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

thung_mail
level0

question

Postby thung_mail » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:13 am

hi all
I applied the patch to my new account in order to get 10 million credit but it did not work. Help me out pls
Tuan
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:46 am

1) What patch?

2) Why not actually earn the money?

3) Why keep creating all these idiotic topics when the [url=http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink/search.php]Search[/ulr] button works perfectly well?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:22 pm

The patch will ONLY work on a brand new user profile.

Now go post in the correct section. That means NOT HERE.
SoftICE
level1
level1

Postby SoftICE » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:44 pm

Use ArtMoney. But it kills all the fun. :|
Earn it properly in missions, and if you must feel like you cheated,
pull a bank hacking.
Asleep in your arms I'm drifting
I'm falling in sorrow
Dead to the world you left me
In footsteps I follow
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Yep, let's jump on the guy doesn't speak English as his native language...it's not as if anything happens in these forums anymore...

I seem to remember a campaign to be "nice to the noobs" a couple of years ago, maybe some people should use their Search buttons to find it...
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:24 pm

There was actually another one just a few weeks ago, but that was a slightly different issue. :)
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:39 pm

Yep.

And regardless of how much reason you fling at people, they will still use any medium where they wont be immediately decked in the face for being a rude prick, as their personal venting grounds for their angst and/or insecurites.

And the sad part is people who write things like this, for instance:

1) What patch?

3) Why keep creating all these idiotic topics when the [url=http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink/search.php]Search[/ulr] button works perfectly well?

... Don't even realize they are being about as far from helpful as possible. :roll:

They just don't get the POINT that they just posted in reply to a question, and could have given the answer.

Instead they get to feel superior for one fleeting moment in their life, and delay the answer to the person's question at least one post, and since there are plenty of other assholes to support their attitude, they feel they have done the "right thing".

It's a mental block, like the kind you find in people in group therapy or 12-step programs. :D

But unfortunately, just because somebody agrees with you, that does not validate your opinion, contrary to the beliefs of modern "psychiatry". In fact, due to the neccessity of fulfilling the requirements for being IN the group to start with, they are all likely just as nuts as you are.

But it sure is fun observing the behavior of delusional people in large numbers, isn't it? I'm going to be sitting here with popcorn when I read the further, predictable responses to this thread. :lol:
jules2020
level1
level1

Postby jules2020 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 pm

N0ught wrote:Yep.

And regardless of how much reason you fling at people, they will still use any medium where they wont be immediately decked in the face for being a rude prick, as their personal venting grounds for their angst and/or insecurites.

And the sad part is people who write things like this, for instance:

1) What patch?

... Don't even realize they are being about as far from helpful as possible. :roll:

They just don't get the POINT that they just posted in reply to a question, and could have given the answer.

Instead they get to feel superior for one fleeting moment in their life, and delay the answer to the person's question at least one post, and since there are plenty of other assholes to support their attitude, they feel they have done the "right thing".

It's a mental block, like the kind you find in people in group therapy or 12-step programs. :D

But unfortunately, just because somebody agrees with you, that does not validate your opinion, contrary to the beliefs of modern "psychiatry". In fact, due to the neccessity of fulfilling the requirements for being IN the group to start with, they are all likely just as nuts as you are.

But it sure is fun observing the behavior of delusional people in large numbers, isn't it? I'm going to be sitting here with popcorn when I read the further, predictable responses to this thread. :lol:

i sedcond that. lots of bitter idiots in this forum. darwinias doesnt seem like that.

If people are bored witht he game and forum, leave.
Simple.

let newer players who will be nice to people asking questions do so. if the game and/or forum dies in the process let it be for it is time.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:22 pm

Newer players don't tend to know all the answers..
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:09 pm

Newer players hardly ever answer questions on this section, they'd rather bitch about how we don't. Why is that?
jules2020
level1
level1

Postby jules2020 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:43 pm

if you look round the help forums you'll find i have been answering questions that were unanswered
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:06 pm

"Don't tend to"
"Hardly ever"

We could have said "don't" and "never", we didn't. There was a reason for this choice of words.

There are exceptions.
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:13 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Newer players hardly ever answer questions on this section, they'd rather bitch about how we don't. Why is that?

Actually, newbies sometimes do answer questions. They are giving people the wrong answer though. I even remember I did that when I was a newbie, won't happen again.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:35 am

jules2020 wrote:i sedcond that. lots of bitter idiots in this forum. darwinias doesnt seem like that.

If people are bored witht he game and forum, leave.
Simple.

let newer players who will be nice to people asking questions do so. if the game and/or forum dies in the process let it be for it is time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you look round the help forums you'll find i have been answering questions that were unanswered

I somehow doubt that you have the same range of knowledge about the game as the likes of myself, RKiver, Flamekebab, Mas Tnega, Deepsmeg, or any of the others you don't like.

And anyway, why should we leave, we're quite happy here.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:05 pm

I somehow doubt that you have the same range of knowledge about the game as the likes of myself, RKiver, Flamekebab, Mas Tnega, Deepsmeg, or any of the others you don't like.

Anyone who has read the Ultimate Uplink Guide has that much knowledge.

(Get it here: http://www.modlink.net/files/guides/doc.zip)

But instead of simply answering questions a non-intelligent guide could answer, you guys are bound and determined to be complete jackasses, proving that the guide is superior in every way.

But thank you for acknowledging the problems with this forum - by name, no less. :wink:

Return to “General”