TWG--The Last Midnight

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:07 pm

So, on those occasions where a wolf has voted for you, and you voted for them, and you weren't a wolf, you weren't a wolf.
Because a wolf voted for me, and I voted for them, it makes me a wolf.

Your double standards are coming through again.

TIme for the Pokevote!
Curiosity, I CHOSE YOU!
Last edited by Deepsmeg on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:16 pm

Deepsmeg wrote:So, on those occasions where a wolf has voted for you, and you voted for them, and you weren't a wolf, you weren't a wolf.
Because a wolf voted for me, and I voted for them, it makes me a wolf.!

Theses are not double standards, this is what I believe to be true based on the way this game has played out, the context of your votes and the whole game situation.

For you to come out with such statements, totally devoid of noticing that this is a game with many factors to consider, is just silly.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:33 pm

As is your argument that I must be a wolf because I voted for Mas!
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:21 pm

That's not my sole reason.

You and Mas banded together and backed each other up the first two days. Then everyone started to notice. So on Day 3 you quickly voted for each other, so that if one of you died (and people thought they were a wolf) then the other one would be safe and be able to win.

It's a whole theory, it's not just your vote that guides me.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:41 pm

And the fact that we usually align ourselves during these games until we work out whether to trust each other?
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:22 pm

Everything Curiosity's said is basically what I was getting at with my earlier post. Throughout this and every other TWG, Smeggy and to a slightly lesser extent Mas (when he's lasted past the first half hour ;)) have always had well thought-out and extended logic, whether it turns out to be correct or not. The way they suddenly turned against each other for no apparent reason just seemed too... contrived. The "motives" felt like a token offering, as in, "Hmm... we'd better at least make an effort to come up with something, or they might wonder."

At the risk of sounding repetitive, contrived and artificial is exactly the impression that I got. With that in mind, I vote -

Hey, wait a sec. We're tied at 1-1. I'm the last person to vote. The only one left. My action is the deciding factor. I hold the power of life and death in my furry, clawed (ahem... pink and fleshy :P ) hands.

That was a joke, incidentally. If anybody changes their vote because of it I'll cry. Anyway. Where was I? Yeah, life and death in my hands. I should write a poem or something. A deep, moving one. Something profound and soul-probing. Yeah. But first...

Deepsmeg.
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:28 pm

With one of the 2 remaining villagers killed, the last wolf was able to kill the last villager.

WOLVES WIN
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:34 pm

What?

Hey, no! I don't want that to happen!

I change my vote to Curiosity!

But... wait a second... what if this is just a clever wolf ploy?

Hah! My incredible intellect is clearly too much for you!

I change my vote back to Deepsmeg!

:P
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:49 pm

Though it's futile, I change my vote to Frostshard

Maybe I should have gone with my hunch "yesterday" about the arctic...
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 pm

Oh, that was the other thing. Practically everything Ozy said, you said something along the lines of, "I wonder if that's supposed to tell us that [name] is a wolf." It got to the point where it almost struck me as though you were making sure that everybody subconsciously registered your not-knowing-who-the-wolves-were-ness.

Again, too much of a good (or underhand and devious, depending on how you look at it) thing has been your downfall. In my eyes, at least.

EDIT: And on top of that, at the start of the day, Curio voted pretty much straight away, giving reasoning to back himself up... giving the impression he wanted a certain person - you, in this case - lynched.

You, on the other hand, gave plenty of reasonably-convincing logic, but held back your vote. Would that, perchance, have been to see who would vote first? Seeing as how the last person still to vote would obviously not nominate himself, the only way to win the vote would be to go for the first one to decide. This gave the impression that you wanted a lynching. Any lynching. Any lynching that wasn't you.

Slightly furry behaviour... no?
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:21 am

No.
Because of the "OMG U VOETD FIRST U R WOLF" logic, or the more recent "OMG U VOETD 4 A WLOF SO U R TEH WLOF" logic.

Anyway, the other "OMG I INTERPETR WOT OZY R TEH SED" logic wasn't by me!
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:07 am

The day raged on and on, but Deepsmeg knew he was doomed. As Curiosity and FrostShard led him to the stake at which he was to be burned, he tried to escape and run. "No! You'll never lynch me! I'm a villager!"
He ran into the forest, with Curiosity and FrostShard chasing after him. FrostShard stumbled and twisted his ankle on a branch, but Curiosity kept up the chase. FrostShard waited on the ground in pain for half an hour before Curiosity returned.
"Well...?" FrostShard asked.
"Deepsmeg is dead. He had it coming for a long time," replied Curiosity.
"So... is the curse ended?" FrostShard asked, but as he looked into Curiosity's large, yellow eyes, he realized the truth. There was no hope in running, as he was crippled. Curiosity edged forward, and, in one fell swoop, slashed the vein throbbing in FrostShard's neck. He then proceeded to feast for the second time that night.
The village was rid of all its residents except for Curiosity. He looked up at the full moon and did what all wolves do best. He howled. And even the zombie Deepsmeg coming back to say, "Ha! I told you so" to the other zombie villagers wasn't enough to ruin his moment of glory.

The game is over. The wolves won. They were edd8990 and, obviously, Curiosity.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:56 am

Yay! The very first votes of days 1 and 2 were for there wolves, and I made them! Yay etc.
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:29 am

That you may have done, but YAY! WE WIN!

Even if I did nothing!
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:35 am

:D

Yes, edd, I think I deserve some of the credit...

Oh and FrostShard, don't feel too bad. I saw what you wrote as your logic yesterday and I knew I could use you. So I killed off ReflectingGod and then posted and voted today using the exact same logic that you had used the day before, cause I knew that you would follow along...

Also, I thought my complex Mas-Smeg theory was impressive!

And you were all right all along in at least one idea... I am very dangerous as a wolf...

Return to “General”