Philippines' Cardinal Sin is dead

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Philippines' Cardinal Sin is dead

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:59 am

I know this is somewhat bad taste, as this was a really great man and he is now dead, but the headline is too good.

What a brilliant name for a Cardinal. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4113474.stm
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:21 pm

Heh. Apparently, even the Big Shiny Dude In The Sky has a sense of humour. :P
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:01 am

As the Cardinal of our country, he really did many things for us. Notwithstanding his many opponents in the government (and media as well), he never failed to openly say what's on his mind. Sometimes, though, I felt that his authority back then was bordering beyond his calling (since affairs of the Church and State should ideally be separate, but then again, it's like saying you can totally separate business with pleasure). All in all, he was a good man, and quite a loss with his departure.

(BTW, he was the son of a Chinese, which is why he got his name Sin. As Stews said, it is quite interesting to note the irony of his name and his calling, which was exactly the punchline used by many of his critics back then.)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:42 am

It's a well known fact I think religion should mind it's own business and stay out of peoples lives unless they want it, ie not be forced on someone. That being said that guy did a lot of good, and for that he was a good person in my book.

And if there is a deity of any description, it is just more evidence it has a sense of humour. Tornado Alley aka The Bible Belt, the duck billed platypuss, and now Cardinal Sin.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:05 pm

Rkiver wrote:It's a well known fact I think religion should mind it's own business and stay out of peoples lives unless they want it, ie not be forced on someone.

I r agree..

But "put Christ into politics?"
:evil:
What a fuckin c**ksucker piece of shit..
And he got a history of illness too..
I see his god was good to him and thanked him for all he did. :roll:
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
Nentash
level4
level4

Postby Nentash » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:54 pm

Rkiver wrote:It's a well known fact I think religion should mind it's own business and stay out of peoples lives unless they want it, ie not be forced on someone. That being said that guy did a lot of good, and for that he was a good person in my book.

And if there is a deity of any description, it is just more evidence it has a sense of humour. Tornado Alley aka The Bible Belt, the duck billed platypuss, and now Cardinal Sin.

I have to agree completly 100%, we dont care so dont try us.
Huasca!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Rkiver wrote:It's a well known fact I think religion should mind it's own business and stay out of peoples lives unless they want it, ie not be forced on someone.

Heh, that's a well known opinion. :)
Nentash
level4
level4

Postby Nentash » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:07 pm

Its really more of a fact than an opinion since most of the world beleive that one thing.
Huasca!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:09 pm

A fact is something that can be tested and proven true or false. You can't really test this idea. It is simply something we believe, but can't prove. Ironically its sort of like religion in that way. :)
Nentash
level4
level4

Postby Nentash » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:13 pm

Kinda like Chaos theory then?
Huasca!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:48 pm

Well, you can more or less prove Chaos Theory is true (though science doesn't talk about proving something true, just supporting a hypothesis). :)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:06 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:

Heh, that's a well known opinion. :)

Nope, it's a fact. The fact is that I do not like religion. That is my opinion, but the fact is that it is true statement. :P

Pendantic-man away!
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Heh, well I would say still quibble with that, but only for fun. After all there is no way to prove what you think. Even a written confession is not proof of a thought. :)

Return to “General”