Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Player20030 wrote:It does to GTA III and GTA VC what they did for GTA I and II.

I agree with this holeheartedly :P

A completely different spin on the statement, though...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Toxic Influx
level2
level2

re:

Postby Toxic Influx » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:53 pm

I got the game the day after the day it came out. Graphics realy suck. As far as I know, it's the same engine as gta 3 and gta vc. A newer engine would make a lot of things right. Then, I think there are just to much things you can do. The game is the first game I played that actually is to BIG. If your flying from one side of sa to the other, your more than 20 minutes in the air!

It's just my thought about the game.

Any more guys who are thinking this?
2 things are infinite: the universe and men's stupidity. And about the universe I'm not sure.

- Albert Einstein
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:38 pm

Yeah, I HATE that. I read that GTA Sin City (next instalment) is going to be 6x the size of San Andrea's. I think San Andrea's was said to be 5x the size of vice city or somthin, so I cant believe that they wanna go even bigger! I remember people complaining about the size of Liberty city, haha... the size of the cities are getting nuts eh? In San Andrea's you can rome somthing like 10,000 miles of open road (streets and highway), a couple hundred acres of country side, 2500 sqft of mountain with over 170 vehicals that are available to do it in. Is bigger really better next time around?
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:43 am

It's fine, so long as the missions are well thought out.

There's this one mission in SA, when you're in Los Santos, where you have to drive out to photograph a meeting: you know the one. The mission is easy, but it takes like... 2 hours just to get there. Dull. Dull. Very dull.

That's the sort of thing they need to avoid.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:52 am

*thinks of True Crime*
That game had a really empty city, but it was built to actual scale of LA. It took an AGE to drive to the missions..

SNORE.
Weeman
level2
level2

Postby Weeman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:28 pm

something I also miss in SA.. highway traffic jam :P there's never any waiting unless there is a traffic light. If they wanna make it more real, then make some traffic
Toxic Influx
level2
level2

Postby Toxic Influx » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:28 pm

Weeman wrote:something I also miss in SA.. highway traffic jam :P there's never any waiting unless there is a traffic light. If they wanna make it more real, then make some traffic

I also realised that when I was driving on the highway with my police bike and some helicopters on my tail :wink:

But if you kick some guys out of there cars and drive the car on the highway and stop it there, nobody will stop or something, they will just drive trough it(which will cause an accident and that's some traffic stop)

Flamekebab wrote:*thinks of True Crime*
That game had a really empty city, but it was built to actual scale of LA. It took an AGE to drive to the missions..

I never played True Crime on ps2 or xbox or some other console, but I did played it on a pc. Well, the pc version really sucks. The graphics are shitty and the city is kind of low (low buildings) which gives it an 'unhappy' condition.

sorry for my english, i'm 15 and dutch so i'm still working on it :D
2 things are infinite: the universe and men's stupidity. And about the universe I'm not sure.

- Albert Einstein
Weeman
level2
level2

Postby Weeman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:43 pm

Toxic Influx wrote:sorry for my english, i'm 15 and dutch so i'm still working on it :D

I'm 15 too but I'm from Sweden :P
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:14 pm

I'm 18 and speak Swedish and Spanish, nyah! hehehe

True Crime also used the same character models over and over and over again, it got so tedious. The textures sucked monkey wang too.

The districts were really generic too, there was nothing there just buildings because there should be buildings according to the layout map, if you understand my meaning.
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:49 pm

Flamekebab wrote:True Crime also used the same character models over and over and over again, it got so tedious. The textures sucked monkey wang too.

Heh heh. Wow. Can we assume that's, uhh... quite a lot? :P
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:21 pm

True crime went all "big trouble in little china" at the end, too.

I wasn't a bad attempt to rip off GTA back when sony had an exclusive deal for the real thing. And it let you keep your cars in a real and valuable way, unlike GTA where you just steal them and stick them in your garage just for dates, 'cause practicaly every mission involves losing your transport.

And it had better shooting controls. :P
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Return to “General”