Uplink Hacker Elite

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Mon May 16, 2005 12:41 am

*waves Uplink DVD case*

...so what's wrong with the DVD case? =)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon May 16, 2005 8:54 am

The original jewel case is somewhat of a collectors item.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Budget Version Cover art

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:53 pm

Guys,

wondered if one of you who bought the budget version of hacker elite could post the cover art.

It's still not clear whether SF released a new budget version of the game, or if retailers just sold through stock that SF 'liquidated' without our consent.

Thanks,

Tom.

ps. they were in chapter 11 protection, and still are which means they can continue to trade under a supervisor. Still, pretty much everyone I've spoken to recently has been ripped off by them. I can't see them ever being trusted again.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Re: Uplink Hacker Elite

Postby Mr. Roboto » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:34 pm

Tom wrote:Guys and Girls.

As you know we had some problems with our US release of 'Hacker Elite'. It would seem that those troubles went a little deeper than the publishers not paying us. In addition to some retailers offering Uplink for download, rumour has it that there was also a budget version of 'Hacker Elite' sold only in a Jewel case.

Before I get out my sub-automatic and head over to Canada, I'd like to know if any of our US friends ever saw a budget version of Uplink in stores, and if so please could you say, when and where...

thanks,

T "I'm about to get nasty" J

Bad news... I have seen it (the "budget" version).

It was about three weeks ago @ CompUSA in Glen Burnie, MD, US. I was working a weekend job there when I wandered past the budget racks and saw the bastardized Hacker Elite. I wanted to shout several variations of the F-word right then and there, but I was trying not to barf in raging disgust. I have not gone back since then.

It may only be the one store, or the entire chain may be selling it. You may need to tell the CompUSA people and let them know what is going on with this version. If I go back to that store (I haven't been paid for the time I was working there), I will tell them about this bastard version.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:43 pm

It's on CompUSA's website. . .

They are attributing the game to Take 2 Interactive. . .
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:39 am

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:It's on CompUSA's website. . .

They are attributing the game to Take 2 Interactive. . .

Oh, GREAT! Introversion gets screwed twice!

CompUSA sells the bastardized version, screwing IV out of the revenues. Then they don't give IV the credit for developing or game.

I'M..........GOING..........TO..........
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:00 am

Calm down...

We are all as pissed as you are, but theres no need for shouting and green-ness... :P
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Brujah
level0

Bealls

Postby Brujah » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:48 am

Actually I purchased my copy of Hacker Elite at a Bealls Outlet store in GA USA like two years ago for about 12 or 13 USD. I was very happy with it untill my computer crashed. I played the game for a couple of weeks then had a problem with windows, and when I installed SUSE linux, realized I never was able to retrieve my save game, and stopped playing. I have lost the CD since then, found my little code sheet that was in the jewel case, and would like to know if there is any way I could get a new copy other than online?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:57 am

Flamekebab wrote:*waves his original jewel case release*

You know, from before the times of the DVD cases?
wait, a budget version... isn't that a game which comes in no box? Just the jewel case on teh store shelf and nothing else?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:26 am

Back in the old, old days, all copies came from IV in jewel cases. We're talking about 3 years ago, mind...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:37 am

Yeah, some of us are getting on a bit..
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:20 am

Time for Horlicks now.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:17 pm

Ooh, me back.. Get me m' slippers will ya, our kid?
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:31 pm

Hmm... I missed this topic before, and my chance at posting a pic. About last November I was looking for some new RAM at this PC World (or something, I'll have to find the receipt to see just who it was) and found Uplink there for eight dollars. I bought ten of them, in anticipation of throwing them about as future Christmas and Birthday gifts. I thought it was odd that I could get it for 8 bucks when IV's price was still 25... *hangs head in shame*

I don't have any of them anymore, but can easily access one (friends have them, after all ;) ) so if you need any other pics, let me know. If it saves time, I'll just say that the cover art is the same as the box version.

I must say... SF now sucks in my book.
JoeLo91
level0

Postby JoeLo91 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:56 pm

I have really bad news http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256247.asp a couple days ago I was at EB with my birthday money, and I saw this. I lost my cd about two years ago, and lost the files to a disk format, so I jumped on this oppurtinity. I guess in reality though this is no better than warezing it. Maybe I'll re-buy direct from IV just to support them.

Return to “General”